Follow the Import Laws of Hong Kong to Ship a Car there from the US
Anytime you purchase transport services from a dependable international shipping company, you can expect a smooth and successful delivery. However, a safe transport is only guaranteed if you fulfill your obligations.
This includes collecting proof for Customs and preparing the car for its journey according to the transporter’s standard procedure.
You’ll have the guidance and help of the transport company while you get ready for the car’s shipping process. The hardest part of preparing for a car to ship to Hong Kong is getting all the documents needed. To even get the car into the country, permission for import must be granted by the Customs office. If you bring them everything they need and the car meets all the restrictions listed in their import policy, they’ll hand you the certificate of approval.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Auto Import Regulations for Hong Kong.
The import laws for Hong Kong aren’t too strict. Just make sure that the vehicle meets the restrictions and that you do everything necessary to get the proof you need for Customs. Present all proof before the car is due to leave its home in the U.S. with the transporter. The Consulate General of Hong Kong provides individuals with all facts regarding the country’s import policy.
- Register the vehicle at the Department of Transport where you will also pay all import duties. Keep the receipt for Customs.
- Have the car tested to see if it meets emission standards. You need proof that it passed.
- Go to an examination center to get the car inspected. If the car passes you’ll receive a Certificate of Exemption.
- Apply for a special license if the car imported is left-hand drive. Right-hand vehicles are preferred.
- Within the first 14 days of the car’s stay in Hong Kong, you must submit a cargo declaration. Within the first 30 days, submit an import return.