How to Find the Best International Car Shipping Companies in New York?
Auto transport is a very popular service that has been around for many years. It’s easy to find many different professionals in the industry to help you deliver your car to another location.
In fact, a lot of dealerships and auto manufacturers use shipping services to transport inventory all over the world. To help you find the best international car shipping companies in New York, use the Internet.
By searching online for the best overseas transporters nearby, look for certain qualities in each company. If they showcase more positive characteristics than most, take down their contact information and look over their website. Once you have a few options written down, start calling each one for quotes. During this call is your chance to ask the transport company questions. This will help you decide which service you’d like to have shipped your car out of New York.
Sample Questions to Ask Each Transport Company.
- What types of services do you offer? Do you offer international shipping?
- Are you approved by the Department of Transport or have any authentication as an overseas auto transport company?
- Do you offer insurance coverage?
- What types of documents will I need to have present and how do I gain the certificate of import approval?
- Must I be present for delivery and drop off? If I can’t be, what will the other person need?
- How far in advance is required or suggested for scheduling a transport?
- How much will it cost and what fees are associated with my quote?
- What types of discounts and specials might I qualify for?
- Is it possible to get the car to its destination in time?
- How can I prepare the vehicle before the shipping process?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.