The act of shipping a motorcycle is one that’s best left to the professionals. They will handle the bike with great care during its travels. The only goal is to get the bike safely delivered to its new home.
Reliable Erlanger shipping services will have insurance coverage on the vehicles being delivered just to assure their overall safety.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How the Delivery Is Made.
Before the transport can be carried out, the motorcycle must be prepared according to the requirements set by the shipping company. These are usually simple to fulfill.
- Wash the motorcycle off completely. Make sure there are no signs of dirt or debris.
- Take photographs of the motorcycle. Write down a list of any damages the bike might already suffer from.
- Top off all fluids except the fuel. The gas tank should read ¼ full or less.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Take off any loose items such as motorcycle accessories.
- Collect all of the proper documentation needed for transport.
When the motorcycle is picked up for the shipping process, it will be secured to the hauler. Of course, the way the bike is secured depends on the shipping method you selected. There are three popular forms of motorcycle shipping.
As the bike is out for delivery, the driver will pay close attention to all weather and traffic reports. If construction is present, they may reroute to avoid any potential hazards. During the bike’s travels, you will be able to view its whereabouts over any Wi-Fi enabled device. As the bike nears its destination, make sure someone is present for its delivery.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?