The process of shipping a motorcycle is one that should only be handled by professionals, especially when the value of your bike is a concern. Professional auto transport companies will not only specialize in motorcycle deliveries in particular, but they should have enclosed motorcycle shipping services too. Enclosed shipping is the safest way to deliver a motorcycle internationally or nationally.
When you choose enclosed shipping services for your motorcycle, you can rest assured that your bike is protected from bad weather and road conditions. Nothing will get through the thick metal walls of the shipping container your bike is fastened inside of. This method of transport may not be as cheap as an open air transport, but it provides much more protection. It also allows you to bring along other items to have delivered with the bike.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepping for Motorcycle Shipping
Preparation is necessary before the motorcycle can be shipped. While some companies may have different requirements, there are some standard procedures. These include:
- Washing the bike and making sure there is no dirt or deposits.
- Checking the fluids, battery and tire pressure.
- Taking pictures and noting any existing damage done to the bike before transport.
- Making sure that the gas tank is no more than a ¼ full.
- Removing any loose items from the bike.
- Disabling the alarm system.
If all of this procedure is completed, then enclosed motorcycle transport should go well. Some companies will also offer insurance on the motorcycle during its transport. To learn more about our enclosed motorcycle transports, contact us at (800)452-2880 and we’ll even give you a FREE quote!
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?