Enclosed auto transport is the safest, but most expensive way to ship a car. To find out a quote, get in touch with an auto shipping company. A representative can give you a quote in under fifteen minutes, but you will need to provide some information about the vehicle you are interested in shipping. When it comes to hiring a professional transport company, you should take.
When it comes to hiring a professional transport company, you should take the time to find at least three reputable companies. You can find out how reputable the company is by reading testimonials on their website. If they do not have a website, it is recommended that you find someone else to do business with.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing a Vehicle for Transport.
- Check for leaking fluids.
- Leave only ¼ gallon of fuel in the gas tank.
- Check the battery charge.
- Disable the security alarm.
- Remove personal items from the vehicle.
Different Delivery Options.
Door to Door Delivery – This delivery option is exactly what it sounds like. Once your vehicle is picked up, it will be delivered directly to your door. This offers the shipper ultimate convenience because they do not have to drop off or pick up the car from the depot.
Terminal to Terminal – This is the least expensive way to ship a vehicle, but it will require you to arrange for a ride home for yourself from the depot. If you live near the depot, this might be a viable option for you to take advantage of. However, it will add extra wear and tear on your vehicle.
How Long does Shipping Take?
How long it takes to ship a car with a professional all depends on how far the vehicle needs to be shipped. If you plan on shipping across the country, transport might take up to a week. If you are shipping a car locally, transport could be less than one hour.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?