Durant, Oklahoma Professional Automobile Shipping
Durant is home to the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and is the second largest city within the boundaries of the Choctaw Nation with nearly 16,000 local residents. Durant is also home to Southeastern Oklahoma State University and a student population of around 4000 annually. Many local shops cater to students with book sales, free Wi-Fi and clothing and other accessories. There are 11 public parks in Durant as well as an 18-hole golf course, Silverado Golf Course, Lake Texoma, the 12th largest lake in the United States, is just down the road from Durant and provides a myriad of activities for local residents that include fishing and boating, swimming and water skiing and other water-bound activities.
The City of Durant website is a great place to check for local events and community festivals as well as new resident information. The website also has a portal to pay utility bills and other city service payments.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Durant to Memphis||$407||407 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Chicago to Durant||$624||833 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Durant to Jacksonville||$626||1044 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Phoenix to Durant||$640||1067 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Durant to Washington, D.C.||$769||1283 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Philadelphia to Durant||$853||1422 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Durant to Portland||$1027||2055 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Salem to Durant||$1048||1747 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping an Inoperable Vehicle to Durant
Shipping an inoperable vehicle to Durant will take some careful planning ahead of time. Not all companies will relocate a car unless it is in good running condition so you will need to ask upfront if the company will haul a car that will not drive. Keep these key points from A-1 Auto Transport in mind when planning to ship an inoperable vehicle:
- Not all companies can haul inoperable vehicles, so planning well ahead is a must when attempting to ship a car that does not run.
- It is best to have good tires on the vehicle when shipping. Cars need to be rolled on and off the carrier and having tires will assist with this.
- Most companies that ship inoperable motor vehicles will charge an extra fee to load and unload the vehicle. They do this because specialized equipment will need to be used to load the car.
- Unless the car is a collectible vehicle or one that has great value to you personally, you may want to consider options for inoperable vehicles that include selling the car as opposed to relocating it to Durant. Depending on the company hired, the cost to ship may be a bit more excessive than expected if the vehicle will not be able to be driven onto the carrier.
- Just as with operable vehicles, you will need to make sure there are no fluid leaks and drop the fuel level down to no more than a quarter tank of gas. This prevents fluid from leaking onto other vehicles on the carrier and will also keep the overall weight of the vehicle down.
Durant Auto Transport Directory
Mamo Transportation Inc.
Mamo Transportation Inc. is a nationwide motor vehicle transporter that ships to and from Oklahoma from locations coast to coast in the United States. Mamo Transportation is registered with the Department of Transportation and they offer only fully licensed, insured and bonded transport for cars, trucks, vans, SUV’s, motorcycles and other wheeled vehicles.
1507 Clover Drive
Allen, TX 75002
Lone Star Auto Transport
Lone Star Auto Transport is a company that can ship all types of motor vehicles, running or inoperable, fast and affordable. They ship to states in the Midwest from Texas to Oklahoma. All transport is insured and licensed. To book service you can contact a representative by telephone.
7258 Elm Street #100
Frisco, TX 75034
Durant includes ZIP codes
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.