- Door-To-Door Car Shipping | Hybrids Vehicles
- Door-To-Door Hybrid Shipping
- Preparing Your Hybrid Vehicle For Door-To-Door Transport
Door-To-Door Car Shipping | Hybrids Vehicles
One of the first things you should understand about shipping a hybrid vehicle is that not every vehicle transport company will offer the service. While there is nothing drastically different from when shipping a gasoline-powered vehicle, you may find that some companies are reluctant to ship a hybrid.
Just like any other type of service you pay for, it’s generally a good idea to seek out a professional or company that has ample experience. This also holds true for shipping a hybrid car, or any other type of vehicle for that matter. Most companies will clearly spell out what type of services they offer on their website, which can be a good way to pin down exactly what it is they specialize in. If you call a shipper who is willing to ship your hybrid but doesn’t have any mention of the service or documentation that describes it, that raises some questions.
Even though the process of transporting a hybrid isn’t any different, there should be, at minimum, some mention of it in the company literature, either online or off.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Door-To-Door Hybrid Shipping
Door-to-door shipping is the most complete end-to-end service you can get from an auto shipper. While choosing door-to-door service doesn’t always require it, most shipments done with this method use an enclosed carrier. What that means is that a smaller transport carrier is used which can hold one or two cars inside the secured cargo area of the truck.
The enclosed option is good for door-to-door transport for two reasons. The first is that it provides an added layer of protection and security during shipping and the second is that the smaller trucks can more easily deliver to a specific address.
Preparing Your Hybrid Vehicle For Door-To-Door Transport
There are a few basic preparations you should make before having your hybrid picked up for transport. In this section, we’ll go over three of the most important things.
- Clean - It may sound like the auto shipper is putting you to work when they tell you to clean the inside and outside of the car. It’s actually an important aspect of the process because you’ll have to review the condition of the car before it’s loaded onto the carrier. It’s also necessary that the car be empty so as not to cause damage during shipping.
- Tires & Fluids - Fluid levels and tire pressure should both be checked to ensure that the car can be loaded without issue and won’t leak during the process of delivery.
- Remove Accessories - Any external components of the vehicle that can be removed should be removed. This includes things like antennas, luggage racks, bike racks, or any non-permanent part of the car.
Call or email us today if you have a hybrid car or truck that you need to be shipped! Our staff is available around the clock to help you with anything from answering your questions to providing you with a FREE, no-hassle cost estimate for any shipping order!