Different Ways To Transport A Car From State To State
Transporting vehicles from one place is a complicated and delicate process. It requires adequate planning and investment. This is especially true for long transport journeys like coast to coast transportation and state to state transportation. You need a car transport company that has the capacity to oversee a successful shipping process, from start to end. The car shipping company should provide different ways to transport a car from state to state that are insured and well within their comfort zone. Vehicles are sensitive machines that need to be handled with care, expertise, and professionalism. So what better company to do the job than A-1 Auto Transport Inc.?
At A1 Auto Transport, we offer car shipping services to all 50 states across the US. Under our state to state car transportation services, we go the extra mile and even provide door to door delivery for every shipment we make, should the client wish. 20 years of experience has gifted us with a track record that’s responsible for the trust the American people have in us. It goes without saying that we have the resources to provide clients with different ways to transport a car from state to state.
State to state car transport depends on a couple of things;
- The type of the vehicle: The type of vehicle determines the manner in which it will be transported. For instance, luxury vehicles are mostly transported by air freight. The type of vehicle also constitutes the vehicle profile (the make of the make of the vehicle, the model, weight, size, and condition of the vehicle).
- Location of the delivery: The location of the delivery dictates the total distance of the journey, the terrain, and how long the journey will take. Some locations favor open aired car transportation while others don’t.
- Clients budget: Some car shipping options are cheaper than others. The client’s budget, therefore, will determine the different ways to transport a car from state to state. Good transport companies offer no-obligation cost calculators for clients to have a look at the financial costs the various state to state car shipping options require.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Different ways to transport a car from state to state
Open air transport
Open-air car transportation is the cheapest way to transport a car from state to state. The vehicles are loaded onto an open-ended “flat rack”, from which they are strapped and secured onto using tie-downs and fasteners. The cars are then transported by a truck that hauls the open-ended flat rack.
Open-air transport is advantageous as it is universally available thanks to its affordability. It also accommodates different vehicle sizes, carrying with it up to 10 vehicles at a time. Standard saloon cars, SUVs, new cars, and old cars can all be transported from one state to another using this open air option.
Under this option, the cars are loaded into cargo containers which are then hauled by a long haul truck. This option is more expensive compared to open air transport as the cargo containers are expensive to hire. It, however, provides more safety to your car as the thick metallic shell protects your vehicle from any external hazards. The downside of this, though, is that enclosed transport is reserved for standard vehicles whose dimensions can be comfortably accommodated by the container. Large vehicles with abnormal dimensions can pose difficulties by not fitting inside standard containers. Also, the enclosed nature of the intermodal container limits the space available to ship multiple vehicles at one go. Enclosed transports only accommodates 2 to 3 vehicles as opposed to the 8 to 10 vehicles supported under open air. The safety of this method, however, outweighs its downside by a great margin.
Door to door
This state to state car transport option involves delivery of the vehicle to an exact location in the destination state. The location can be a private residence, an office address or a storage facility. The car will be delivered to the door step of the given location. This option may prove to be expensive if the specific location is far.
Terminal to terminal
Under this option, the car is picked up from a pre-determined location, transported, and then dropped off at a designated location in the destination state. This pick up point can be a parking lot, a storage facility location or a public location most convenient to you.
Air freight is reserved for the high-value luxury vehicles or urgent state to state car shipping orders. The cars are shipped in cargo planes to the designated state.
Need to transport your vehicle from state to state? We can help you find a transport option that best meets your needs. Talk to us today!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory