Craig, Alaska Professional Auto Shipping
Craig is located on the Prince of Wales Island just south of Juneau, Alaska and is the largest city on the island. The city was once a primary location for fishing camps used to gather herring eggs and to this day, it is considered one of the best fishing locations in Alaska. The city was named after a fisherman, Craig Miller, in 1907. Craig is also a great location for lumber companies and employment working in the timber mills as well as in fish processing and other fishing departments. Motor vehicles can be ferried in from the mainland or they can be flown in.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Craig to Tuscon||$1081||2703 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Craig to Denver||$1102||2204 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Craig to San Francisco||$1197||1995 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Dallas to Craig||$1197||2994 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Craig to Detroit||$1216||3041 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Memphis to Craig||$1266||3166 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Craig to Boston||$1500||3751 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Craig to Miami Beach||$1673||4184 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Tourism is a large income producer for charter fisherman and fishing lodges located in Craig. The city has several restaurants, a grocery store, a coffee shop and other retail outlets and clothing shops. The city has a large community garden where residents can not only lease spots in the garden to grow their own fresh produce but can enjoy harvesting with others in the community. They also have a sports league for children and adults and many community classes and events throughout the year.
For more information about Craig you can visit the official city website. Read more about Alaska vehicle import services.
Shipping to Craig
Shipping a car, especially to a location like Craig, Alaska, will take require the help of a professional motor vehicle carrier that is experienced with shipping cars to overseas locations. You will need to coordinate the transport with more than one company in most cases to have one ship the vehicle to Alaska and another physically move it from the port to your new home. Keep the following in mind when you are planning to have your vehicle shipped from the continental U.S. to Alaska:
- Motor vehicles must be clean inside and out for the pre-delivery inspection. This means washing the car including underneath to remove all dirt. You also need to clean all personal paperwork and content from inside the car.
- Tool boxes and other removable items should be taken off the car during transport when possible. This lightens the load and reduces the chance that they may be damaged during shipment.
- If you own a classic or sports car you may want to use enclosed transport to ensure the car will be fully protected from the elements during shipment.
- Checking reviews online is a great idea when trying to see how well a company performs. The Better Business Bureau is a good place to see if a company is accredited or has complaints against them that they have not resolved.
- Watch out for companies that offer super low rates to ship a car. If the rate is well below other company rates, you may find that the service is subpar as well. Most good companies will have mid-level rates that are comparative to others when it comes to vehicle shipping.
Craig Auto Transport Directory
Auto Carriers Wrightway
Auto Carriers Wrightway is one of the largest carriers in the state of Alaska. They can relocate motor vehicles from the shipping port in Anchorage to most areas of the state including Craig. They offer fully insured, secure transport for cars, trucks, vans and SUV’s. Auto Carriers Wrightway hires only fully trained, professional truck drivers to safely deliver all motor vehicles. They also transport motorcycles, boats, RV’s and other vehicles.
101 West Whitney Road, Anchorage, AK 99501
Craig includes ZIP codes:
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.