What is the Cost To Ship a Vehicle to Alaska?
Alaska is well known for its beautiful views and the majestic beasts that reside there. If you wanted to live in Alaska or if you are going to work there, you may want to take your own transportation with you so you can get out and enjoy the breathtaking views whenever it is the most convenient for you.
Alaska is well known for its tourism and it's important that if you come all the way here, you take advantage of the beautiful tourist attractions within. A1 Auto Transport Service can provide transporting your vehicle from your current location to where you want to go in Alaska. Whether you want to use our door-to-port service or door-to-door, we can help you safely transport your vehicle efficiently and cost effectively. Get a free quote cost to ship a vehicle to Alaska today.
How A1 Auto Transport Company Can Help
Most people who bring their vehicles with them to Alaska will use them to tour the state. Here are some options to help you.
- Use an itinerary to help you manage your time efficiently. If you have a planned itinerary, you know where you will be going and how long it will take to visit. There's so much to look at so you may have a hard time organizing everything. You want to set your mileage maximum and see what you can do within those miles.
- A1 Auto Transport will ship to Alaska and any other country you want to visit. While Alaska is not at the end of the globe, it certainly has remote areas to visit and venture to. Knowing your destination will help you plan the delivery of your vehicle more efficiently and the cost to ship a vehicle to Alaska. You will also want to make sure that you have insurance on your shipment so you are covered in case something happens to your vehicle while it is on the road. Ask A1 Auto Transport about any discounts and specials they may be having when you decide on a date to ship your vehicle.
- You will need to prepare your vehicle for the trip to Alaska before it is scheduled to ship. Your vehicle will be driven through some extremely cold weather conditions, depending on when you ship your vehicle. This includes snowfall that falls on a regular basis in Alaska. Preparing your vehicle for this type of extreme weather changes will ensure that it runs once it gets there.
With A1 Auto Transport Service, you will have the unique opportunity to enjoy beautiful Alaska and see everything it has to offer without the extra expense of renting a vehicle. Having your own vehicle to drive around in while you see the views will be more comfortable for you and your family. Keep in mind; you may encounter some challenging and rough terrain so it's important that your vehicle can handle this. Before you go, you will want to visit the Travel Alaska Department of Transportation so you can learn more about transporting a vehicle to Alaska.
Closed Container Shipping
If you choose the closed container shipping method, your vehicle will be shipped from port-to-port in a closed container, which will ultimately protect your vehicle from any sea breezes that containers salt, dust, and other contaminants. You can estimate the cost of your shipment by using these figures: To ship to Seattle, Washington, and Juneau, Alaska, you can expect to pay $1000 - $1400. This amount includes the 15% fuel surcharge. If you choose the open shipment method, this cost will decrease.
How to Ship your Vehicle to Alaska
All you need to do to book your import is to call and give the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number.
- The name on the vehicle title, the address, and the phone number.
- Your billing information will be needed because all shipments must be paid prior to shipping if there is no account established.
- Your vehicle description, such as the length and the weight.
- Approximate date of shipping and the time you will need.
- If you do not book prior to, you may only get a space if it is available.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.