Understanding The Basics Of Corporate Relocation Auto Transport
Corporate relocation packages cover the cost of moving your home and family for a new job. Many companies looking to hire top talent offer these benefits to new hires who may not be located near their area – as corporate relocation packages make the process of moving much simpler, cheaper, and more appealing.
But each corporate relocation package is different. If you want to ship your car as part of your relocation package, you may be wondering if that’s possible – find out now!
Does Auto Transport Come With Corporate Relocation Packages?
Auto transport sometimes comes with corporate relocation packages, but not always. It depends on your company, your position within the company, and a lot of other factors. Your HR team should be able to inform you about what your corporate relocation package includes, and whether or not it includes auto transport.
In addition to auto transport, your corporate relocation package may contain a wide variety of other benefits, usually including (but not limited to):
- Full-service moving and unpacking – Your company will usually cover the full cost of moving, and may also pay for full-service movers who will pack and unpack your household goods for you.
- Home sale or lease-breaking assistance – Your company may pay to help you sell your home, or to cover the penalties of breaking a lease if you’re a renter.
- House-hunting trip coverage – If you need to take one or more trips to view homes and place offers, these may be covered by your corporate relocation package.
- Cost of temporary housing – Whether you’re renting short-term or staying in a long-stay hotel while looking for a permanent home, these costs will typically be covered by your relocation package.
- Transportation to your new home – The cost of flying, driving, or otherwise traveling to your new home will be covered under your corporate relocation package in most circumstances.
- Payouts for miscellaneous expenses – You may even be able to get compensation for things like meals while you’re traveling to your new home, and other such miscellaneous expenses. Consult with your HR team for more details.
Each package varies. We highly recommend getting a full list of covered services and costs – along with associated cost limits – from your HR team before beginning the process of relocating.
What Is The Process Of Hiring A Corporate Relocation Auto Transport Company?
This depends on how your package is being administered. Your company may hire and bill the service provider directly, provide you with a lump sum for your expenses and allow you to hire the shipping company on your own, or reimburse you after you hire an auto shipping company.
If your company is billing the service provider directly, you’ll just need to get a quote for the cost of shipping your car. Then, you will usually present this to your HR team or the person responsible for administering your package. They will approve it and pay for it, and your car will be shipped.
If you have gotten a lump sum for moving expenses – such as $15,000, for example – you are responsible for finding and hiring your own auto shipping company. Do some research to find suitable companies near you, and make sure your car gets to its destination safely.
Similarly, if you are paying out-of-pocket and will be reimbursed by your company, you will need to find and hire a car shipping company on your own. You may wish to show the quote to your HR team to make sure it is within the required budget limits – this ensures you will be properly reimbursed during the process.
Need To Hire A Corporate Relocation Auto Transport Company? Get Started Now!
At A-1 Auto Transport, our extensive network of auto transport providers can work with your company to ship your vehicle as part of a corporate relocation benefits package. To get started with our services, just contact us online or give us a call at (800) 452-2880 and get a quote today.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org