The safest way to have your car transported overseas is through container shipping services. It’s easy to find a reliable and reputable transport company that offers container shipping.
Many of them offer this type of transport due to the security provided. It’s also permitted at all seaports, whereas open air services aren’t.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Is Container Shipping?
There is an obvious reason why container shipping is deemed the most secure form of auto transport. The car is protected by the thick metal walls of the shipping container. Unlike open air services, container transport shelters the vehicle from poor weather conditions and any other outside elements that might cause the harm to it. As the car ships to Hong Kong from the United States, it will remain secured inside of the container.
Prep the vehicle before the day of transport. Have any other belongings packed away properly and approved through Customs with the car. You can call the Consulate General of Hong Kong to see what items are forbidden to enter the country. Have all items shipping to Hong Kong ready to go. Follow the shipping company’s standard procedure for preparing a car for container transport.
The cost of shipping your car through this transport service is determined by a few details. Container shipping services may cost more than open air services, but the extra security and space for belongings is worth it. You can split the cost of the transport with others moving to the country if there’s space to spare in the container. The shipping company will add free insurance coverage to the purchase of your transport services.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?