Shipping a motorcycle to Columbus, Georgia can be done in a variety of ways. There are many different shipping companies available in Columbus. All of them will have various services and shipping methods. It will be up to you to find a company you can trust and a method of shipment that you feel is safe enough for your motorcycle.
With all of the museums and attractions in the downtown area of Columbus, there is a lot to be seen. Traveling the city on a motorcycle will make it easier to navigate. Not to mention, there are many beautiful roads to ride throughout the big city.
What Are My Shipping Method Options?
There are several shipping methods to select from depending on what company you choose to go through for shipment. Some of these methods are deemed safer than others, but they will come at a heftier price tag. Nonetheless, motorcycle shipment is safer than riding it across the country and it will refrain the owner from putting all those miles on the bike until it reaches Columbus.
- Crated shipping requires the motorcycle to be released of all fluids. The battery must be disconnected, and the handlebars and mirrors might have to be removed. The bike is then strapped to a wooden pallet and placed within an enclosed trailer. This is the safest method of shipment.
- Enclosed shipping is also a safer option. The bike is placed inside of an enclosed trailer for shipment.
- Open air shipment is a cheaper option, but not necessarily the safest. The motorcycle is placed on an open flatbed for shipment. This exposes it to poor weather and road conditions should there be any on the trip to Columbus.
- Door to door transport is when the company picks the bike up from you and drops it off wherever you would like.
- Terminal to terminal is when the bike must be taken to a terminal for drop off and then picked back up at another terminal. While this is a cheap option, it isn't always convenient.
Transport Companies for Motorcycles Near Columbus, GA.
800 10th Ave.
Columbus, GA 31901.
Transport Solutions Direct Inc.
Harbor Auto Transport
1490 Winder Hwy.
Dacula, GA 30019.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.