There are a few different options available for anyone looking to transport their motorcycle to Columbia Maryland. The most efficient way to transport a motorcycle is to use a professional service who can get the job done for a low cost. Columbia is the second wealthiest county in the United States and is ranked in the top ten best places to live in the U.S. Columbia is famous for eliminating racial, religious and class segregation.
When people attempt to transport a motorcycle without the help of a professional they create more of a hassle for themselves. Many things can damage a motorcycle on the highway that are sometimes unavoidable. Rather that have to pay for expensive damages or rack up extra mileage on the bike, a moving service can get the motorcycle to its destination for a reasonable cost.
Ways to Transport a Motorcycle
- Enclosed Transportation- This method is considered to be the safest way to transport a motorcycle.
- Open Air Transportation- This is a safe and reliable means of transportation for the customer who doesn't mind their bike being slightly exposed to driving conditions and the elements.
- Door to Door Transportation- The motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to the next location.
- Terminal to Terminal Transportation- This Method is not the most convenient for the fact that if the customer doesn't live close to the depot where the bike has been delivered, some traveling may be involved.
- Crated Transportation- This method may require some extra preparation. Depending on the bike, the customer may have to remove handlebars and mirrors, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Requirements to Complete Before Transporting a Motorcycle
- Clean any dirt and deposits of the motorcycle
- Remove any loose objects and accessories
- Disable the security alarm if the bike has one installed
- Check tire pressure, battery and fluids
- Gas reading should not be filled higher than ¼ tank before transportation
- Document and list any damages to the vehicle prior to transportation
Motorcycle Transport Companies in Columbia, MD
Maryland Auto Shipping
400 E. Pratt St. #800
Baltimore, MD 21202
Expert Auto Transportation
Ashton- Sandy Spring Silver Spring, MD
Top Notch Auto Transport
#120 6100 Baltimore National Pike
Ontrack Auto Transport
Silver Spring, MD
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.