Safe And Reliable Columbia Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Located in Houston County, Alabama, Columbia is a small town with an abundance of history throughout the town. The Old Columbia Jail in downtown Columbia is a wooden jail, and one of the last standing in the United States today. It was built in the 1860’s and is used as a historical museum for tourists as well as residents to learn about the history of the town and surrounding areas of Alabama. The population in Columbia is fewer than 1000 but the crime rate is low, the cost of living including housing is considerably low cost when compared to larger areas of the state and since Columbia is within an hour of larger cities including Dothan, it’s a great bedroom community and ideal for a commute to work in the larger cities.
When you’re planning a move to Columbia, be sure to take time to thoroughly check out your auto transport companies to choose the one best suited for you and your car. A-1 Auto Transport has been in operation and working throughout the state of Alabama for over 25 years and our drivers know Columbia and the best roads to get there very well. This means we can ensure your car will be handled with care and will arrive on time to your new home in Columbia.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Dallas to Columbia||$565||753 miles||3-5 days|
|Minneapolis to Columbia||$772||1286 miles||4-6 days|
|Columbia to Tucson||$1042||1737 miles||5-7 days|
|Columbia to Salt Lake City||$1015||2030 miles||6-8 days|
|San Diego to Columbia||$1072||2143 miles||6-8 days|
|Columbia to Los Angeles||$1111||2221 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Columbia
Columbia is just one of the locations we ship cars to in Alabama. We have been through the four square miles that cover this town numerous times, delivering hundreds of vehicles in the process. The major roads our carriers travel through when shipping cars to or from Columbia include Alabama State Highways 52 and 95. We also ship to other cities and towns adjacent to Columbia such as Dothan, Ozark, Eufaula, Bainbridge, Enterprise, Dawson, Albany, Cairo, Troy, Thomasville, Americus, Tallahassee, Moultrie, Lynn Haven, and Columbus.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Columbia
Towing your car over long distances is not an option. Even across a few miles, the experience may damage your vehicle. Auto carriers are much safer, so most companies rely on them to ship cars between states.
You can obtain an open or an enclosed one for your vehicle by calling the number posted at the top of the page. An employee will arrange the shipment for you, so afterwards, all you have to do is meet up with our driver for the pickup.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Columbia
While some vehicles are more difficult to ship than others, most cars, regardless of the model, can be transported in almost the same conditions. This is why open carriers, which are cheaper to book due to their carrying capacity, are much more requested and prevalent in the industry than enclosed ones.
However, enclosed auto trailers do have their role, especially when you need an expedited shipment or your car’s safety is extremely important. All carriers are secure, but only enclosed ones fully protect the cargo from flying objects and bad weather. If the car must arrive in perfect condition, without dust or scratches on it, then this is the only way to transport it.
We offer many services to our clients. They are well-thought out and executed to ensure that the customer is satisfied, and his needs met. Here are a few of them:
- Importing vehicles into the United States: If you need to import your vehicle from abroad, there are various regulations and procedures that one has to adhere to. A-1 Auto Transport will guide you through these steps making sure you have the right paperwork and mindset.
- Door to door auto shipping: A-1 Auto Transport is able to pick-up your vehicle from your doorstep and drop it off to any location in the world. This service is convenient for those shipping salvaged, non-operational, exotic, and high-end vehicles.
- Terminal to terminal shipping: In this mode of shipping, the customer must deliver the vehicle to a designated terminal where the auto shipping company will pick it up and deliver it to another terminal close to the destination. The client then picks the vehicle from the destination terminal. Although it is cheaper than the door to door service, it is less convenient especially for people shipping non-operational vehicles. If you plan to use terminal shipping for your car, we advise that you check out the terminal location in advance and make sure they offer 24-hour security and proper lighting at night to keep the car safe.
Types of cars we transport
We ship many types of cars throughout the globe. Some of them include:
- Race cars
- Farm trucks
- Classic vehicles
- Collector vehicles
- Golf carts
How we transport cars
We transport cars primarily with open air auto transport and enclosed auto transport via the interstate. Both options are safe for cars but they each offer their own benefits.
- Open Air Auto Transport: An economical way to have a car transported to Columbia and ideal for most makes and models of cars. The vehicle will be exposed to the elements during transport but no more than when driven and during shipment, cars don’t rack up unnecessary mileage or wear and tear. One to ten or more cars can be hauled on these single level flatbed trucks or double level carriers.
- Enclosed Auto Transport: For cars that are rare or highly expensive such as classics, collectibles and luxury cars, enclosed transport offers a secure shipping environment and a safe mode of transport. Also available in single level haulers for one to two vehicles or double decker for up to four or more vehicles depending on the vehicle size, enclosed transport carriers are also available with climate-controlled interiors or padded interiors in some areas.
The Cost of Enclosed Transport
Enclosed auto transport is going to cost more than open air auto transport in part because of the overall secure shipping environment but also because the insurance rates for the types of vehicles inside is usually higher than for standard cars and trucks.
Additionally, carrier companies need to make money and when cars are shipped in enclosed carriers there are not as many customers as when shipping on an open carrier. This means that those carriers charge more for the individualized handling to make up the difference.
One other reason is that enclosed carriers are more expensive to build and purchase than a flatbed trailer or an open-air carrier and companies need to charge more to compensate the expense of the carrier purchase.
Preparing your vehicle to be shipped
Preparation is one of the most important steps in shipping. When done right, one is able to predict the outcome of the whole process. Here are a few things that you will need to do:
- Wash and clear out your car both inside and out. Removing personal items from your car is crucial because it is prohibited by regulations set by the authorities.
- Since your vehicle will only be operational during the loading and unloading process, make sure that it only has about a quarter tank of gas.
- Remove any aftermarket installations and anything that isn't permanently attached to avoid damage or theft.
- Take photos of any damages to your car including dents and scratches. They might come in handy in the event of a misunderstanding.
- Service your vehicle and ensure there are no leaks.
- Switch off your alarm system.
Why ship with us?
We offer the best and most reliable auto transport. At A-1 Auto Transport, our word is our bond. We always try our best to meet timelines. We offer online price quotes in order to save the customer from having to visit our offices and queue in long lines just to get served. Ship with us today and experience the difference.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com