When moving out of College Park, it is within your best interest to put your trust in a company with professionals that can ensure the motorcycle gets delivered safely.
There are plenty of options to choose from when deciding how to transport a motorcycle. Some options are more secure than others, but every option available is a safer alternative to driving the bike to its new location.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements from the Transport Company Before Shipping the Bike.
Before a motorcycle can be shipped out, the owner must complete some basic requirements in order to ensure their bike gets transported as safely as possible. The transporter does everything within their power to ensure the bike does not get damaged during its travels. For the bike to successfully arrive to its new home some preparation needs to take place. The highway is full of unexpected obstacles that the mover must handle so these steps are important to complete for the best service possible.
- Wash all dirt and grime from the motorcycle.
- Get rid of all lose items hanging from the motorcycle.
- Immobilize the alarm system.
- Check all fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas reading should not be above ¼ tank.
- Document all damages to the motorcycle before its transport.
About the Insurance Coverage Provided.
All authentic transporters will have insurance coverage to protect the vehicles in their care. It is unlikely that filing an insurance claim after the shipping process will be necessary, but it is always wise to ensure that the bike has this added form of protection. Always ask about the company’s insurance policy while gathering quotes.
If you believe that your bike suffered harm during its transport, inform the company immediately. They will then assess the situation. If they find that it is necessary to file a claim, they will guide you through the process.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?