Even with as popular as car shipping is among dealerships, manufacturers and individuals relocating, some people worry about the safety of their car as it is being shipped. This is completely understandable, especially if you’re trying to ship a classic car. To assure the safe delivery of your classic vehicle, find a local auto transport service that specializes in the shipping process of such valuable vehicles. All dependable and professional transport companies will offer insurance coverage during the transport for the full value of the car.
At A1 Auto Transport, we have shipping services that directly cater to the transport of classic or antique cars. Near or far, our state-of-the-art transport equipment and latest shipping technology will make sure your car is delivered safe and sound within a reasonable time frame. We have been serving the State of California for over 25 years and have earned a great reputation for our services.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The Process of Shipping a Classic Car
Any customer that calls in asking about shipping services for a classic car is often encouraged to purchase enclosed transport services. This method of transport offers more protection. The vehicle will be placed within a large shift resistant carrier where it is secured for transport. The thick metal walls of the shipping container protect the classic car from bad weather, poor road conditions, vandalism and theft.
There are ways that you can help assure the safety of your vehicle as it’s in the hands of the transport company. By preparing according to the transporter’s standards, you’re keeping your car and anyone shipping it, safer. This makes sure that the process of shipping goes along much smoother.
- Wash the car and cleanout the interior. Try to have the vehicle looking its absolute best before it is given to the transport company for the shipping process.
- Remove anything in or outside of the classic car that may be of value. This may include DVD players, GPS systems, personal items, etc.
- Make sure the fuel tank is only ¼ full. All other fluids should be filled.
- Check the tire pressure and possibly take the vehicle in to a mechanic for a tune up and any minor repairs before the transport.
- Take pictures of your classic car’s exterior and interior. Remember any markings the vehicle may suffer from so you can make sure there aren’t any new ones after the car’s delivery is complete.
To learn more about the shipping process for a classic car through A1 Auto Transport, call us at (888) 230-9116. We look forward to giving you a FREE estimate for services and scheduling your classic car’s transport!