Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Chugiak, Alaska
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Chugiak, Alaska Professional Auto Shipping
Chugiak is a small, unincorporated city that is less than 20 miles away from Anchorage, the largest city in the state of Alaska. It is nestled between Eagle River and Eklutna and sits just east of the Chugach Mountains. There are only around 8500 residents that live in Chugiak but they offer a spectacular area where many people enjoy hunting and snow sports as well as cabin retreats in the woods throughout the year. Much of the local community works in Anchorage and other surrounding large cities, but there are many local job opportunities as well with places like the Birchwood Shooting and Recreational Park, the largest gun range in Alaska as well as with the U.S. Postal Service and other small offices and medical facilities. With its close proximity to Eagle River, Alaska, the two communities often host festivals together and share resources for local activities and recreation. There are several local campgrounds and many events held throughout the year.
You can learn more about Chugiak and the surrounding area including Eagle River by visiting the Chugiak/Eagle River website.
Shipping to Chugiak
When you are planning to make a move to Chugiak, you will need to take the local weather trends and roadways into consideration when you are planning for auto transport. Keep these tips in mind when shipping a car to Alaska:
- Chugiak is off the main interstate access and driving a 4-Wheel Drive capable vehicle is recommended, especially if you will need to travel to and from larger cities in the area.
- When preparing the vehicle for auto shipping you will want to make sure the antifreeze is filled to the proper level and that the tires are either snow tires or that you have chains handy for the local commute.
- Seldom ever does the temperature rise above 65 degrees. Be prepared for a very cold climate, especially from November through March where temps can drop below zero very quickly.
- The best time of year to have a vehicle transported to Chugiak is generally between May and August as the temps are warmer and the roadways are usually easier to navigate during these months.
- All motor vehicles must have Alaska registration applied for within 10 days of moving to the state.
- You will need to provide the local DMV a copy of the title and vehicle registration as well as the registration application and fee.
Lear more about shipping a vehicle to Alaska.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Chugiak Professional Auto Transport Directory
Bighorn Enterprises LLC
Bighorn Enterprises is a freight trucking company located in Fairbanks. They are registered with the Department of Transportation and provide transportation within Alaska and throughout the North Slope area of Alaska. They transport automobiles, tubulars, oilfield equipment and other freight. All transport is fully licensed and insured.
724 30th Avenue, Fairbanks, AK 99701
Alaska Auto Transport
Alaska Auto Transport can transport all types of motor vehicles from any of the 48 states in the continental U.S. to Alaska. They offer enclosed transport from Washington and open transport throughout the rest of the U.S. They are fully insured and registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation.
4600 Gambell Street, Anchorage, AK 99503
Tundra Transport Inc.
Tundra Transport Inc. is an all in one moving and auto transport company that offers household moving with a professional moving staff as well as auto transport throughout Alaska. They are licensed, bonded and insured and have accreditation from the FMCSA.
Chugiak, AK 99567, 907-688-6081
Webb’s Towing and Recovery Service
Webb’s Towing and Recovery Service provides local Anchorage auto towing and wrecker services including to and from Chugiak as well as local and long distance auto transport within Alaska. They are available 24/7 for services that include emergency roadside assistance and small engine repair. Webb’s is fully licensed, insured and bonded.
400 East 95th Court, Anchorage, AK 99515
Chugiak includes ZIP codes: