Safe And Reliable Chatom Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Since 1907, Chatom has been the county seat of Washington, Alabama and the town is currently home to around 1300 full time residents. Chatom is one of those “All American” small towns where families have a wealth of local entertainment including numerous annual events hosted by the town such as parades, holiday extravaganzas and more for the whole family. Affordable housing is a positive aspect of the town and people of all ages can enjoy the local recreational facilities, the public library where computer access is available and medical centers where they can receive top rated medical care.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Chatom to Jacksonville||$466||466 miles||2-4 days|
|Chatom to Houston||$380||506 miles||2-4 days|
|Charlotte to Chatom||$433||577 miles||2-4 days|
|Austin to Chatom||$502||669 miles||3-5 days|
|Las Vegas to Chatom||$1064||1773 miles||5-7 days|
|Chatom to Portland||$1044||2611 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
The Chatom Community Centre is a major attraction for tourists from outside of Chatom who come to town to take part in activities like family reunions, picnics, boating, swimming and other fun on Lake Ellis, a local lake where residents tend to spend quite a bit of their free time during the warmest months of the year. The town also boasts a beautiful 18-hole golf course, so be ready to grab your clubs and spend some time on the range.
Chatom does lack major public transit, so having a personal car to drive is going to be an important factor of life in town. A-1 Auto Transport is here to help when it is time to have a vehicle moved to or from Chatom and we offer several options for auto transport to make the move simple for our customers.
Areas we serve within Chatom
A-1 Auto Transport is dedicated to offering the best services any client can enjoy. Offering such a service from a generalized perspective compromises on the quality. We instead take up every client individually and tailor the car shipping experience to match their needs and the resources available near them. The road network serving their exact locations as well as possible terminals in the vicinity directly affect the way we serve every client.
We invest time and resources in getting to know every location in Chatom. This facilitates timely deliveries when shipping cars to or from Chatom.
Auto transport services we offer
- Golf cart shipping: Most car shipping firms neglect offering golf cart shipping. Golf carts come in different types. You could have a simple ATV, a Go Kart, a 6 sitter or a conventional golf cart. Our golf cart shipping trailers are fitted with nonabrasive soft ties and strength skids that ensure the golf cart is safely secured on to the carrier to avoid damage. The best news is, we offer to deliver the golf cart to the golf course of your choice. For instance, should you be visiting another city or state for a Golf Tournament, we can ship your golf course from The Pines of Chatom Golf Course in Chatom to the visiting golf course and back after the tournament.
- Freight shipping: Should you be relocating to Chatom, we offer affordable freight services for your belongings alongside your car. You get to choose from any of our three freight plans. Less Than Truckload (LTL) Freight works best for folks whose items only cover about half to three quarters the truck. Truck Load (TL) is the best option for folks whose belongings fill up the entire truck. The intermodal freight service on the other hand is the best option for shipping your car alongside a few items. Read more in depth about each of the plans here
Types of cars we ship
A-1 Auto Transport offers transport services for different types of cars including sedans, SUVs, motorcycles, electric cars, vans, high-end vehicles, All Terrain Vehicles, trucks of all sizes and RVs of all functionalities. Have a look at the different makes and models we have shipped before.
Types of Auto Transport Carriers
Auto transport services can easily be booked by submitting for a free quote online anytime or by calling one of our agents. Prior to getting a quote however, it’s a good idea to know more about the transport carriers you can choose from.
- Open Auto Carrier: An open auto carrier is the most common mode of transport for motor vehicles shipping across the United States. Open auto transport is the cheapest way to ship a car and is suitable for most vehicles. Owners of oversized SUV’s and pickup trucks may need to pay a higher rate for transport as larger vehicles tend to take up space that could be used for more vehicles. Open carriers are available in single, flatbed and double decker and can haul anywhere from one to ten or more vehicles at a time.
- Enclosed Auto Carrier: Enclosed carriers are designed for vehicles that need to have a secure environment during shipment. These cars usually consist of classics, luxury, collectible and other rare or expensive vehicles. A guaranteed delivery date is often available with enclosed transport. Enclosed carriers occasionally have climate controlled or padded interiors for added protection and with the added security, this form of transport will cost more than open transport options.
Enclosed transport has a higher cost not only due to the secure environment, but also because enclosed carriers cost more to buy, haul fewer vehicles and because insurance rates for the types of cars hauled inside are usually higher than the insurance rates for standard vehicles shipped with open transport.
Alternative Modes of Auto Transport
Besides interstate auto transport, many customers also like to know that they can choose from railway and airway shipping. To ship on a train, it’s a good idea to call at least one month in advance to secure a spot on the train and depending on how far from a railway station you are located, you might need to schedule interstate transport as well.
Air freight is the most expensive way to ship a car and unless your car is extremely expensive, it is most likely best to utilize interstate or train transport due to the high cost of air shipments.
How to prepare your car for shipping
- Wash your car: A dirty car is an eyesore, especially when it is to be delivered under the terminal arrangement. You wouldn’t want to be turned down due to its dirty state. Additionally, a car hauler’s inspection report is most thorough when the car is clean. Learn why here.
- Remove personal items: You never know where thieves lurk. GPS navigation systems, external speakers and anything else that can be removed should be removed from the car before transportation. The trunk too should only contain essentials like a spare tire, your toolbox and first aid kit. Any other items that could add unnecessary weight to the vehicle should be removed to avoid extra charges.
- Run a maintenance check: This involves checking for any fluid leaks in the vehicle and ensuring the fluid levels are up to an optimum level. Also ensure to check the tire pressure and note down the car mileage before shipping to compare against after transportation.
- Drain the gas to only a quarter full: Gas adds to the car weight. A full gas tank will cost you more for transporting the vehicle. The car only needs enough gas to cover the loading and offloading phase and leave a little to get to the next gas station available in the region. A quarter-full gas will do.
Why choose us
A-1 Auto Transport is dedicated to offering tailored services. We handle every individual based on their needs to maintain professionalism.
Talk to us
Visit the Town of Chatom website for great insights into the local scene for events, government offices, tourism and more. You can find everything you want to know about Chatom at this link: https://chatom.org/
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.