Carmel IN Motorcycle Shipping
If you need a motorcycle to get from Carmel, Indiana to another state or even to another city, schedule with a transport company that offers motorcycle shipping services. It is recommended that anyone looking to schedule a transport date with professionals, call at least a month in advance. This will not only give them time to prepare, but you time as well.
Preparing for a motorcycle transport is relatively simple for the owner. There are only a few things that will need to be addressed and all of these are rather quick to implement.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Prepare a Motorcycle for Its Shipping Process.
- Clean the motorcycle well. Make sure there isn’t any debris or dirt on the bike.
- Inspect the motorcycle for damages. Document all damage by taking notes and pictures. This will be helpful when the motorcycle is inspected after its delivery has been made.
- The motorcycle’s gas tank should be no more than a ¼ tank full.
- All fluids should be checked and topped off. The tire pressure will also need to be cared for.
- The battery and handlebars may need to be removed for certain shipping methods.
- The alarm should be disabled.
- All loose items will need to be removed from the bike. This includes saddlebags.
The preparation recommended by the transport company is done so for good reason. These requirements protect the bike from harm. They also protect those handling the motorcycle during its shipping process.
Depending on the shipping method, the preparation may include different requests. Remember to gather all pertinent documents as needed by the transport company. These may include a license, social security card, title and registration, proof of insurance, and other similar certificates.