- How To Know If You Can Trust Auto Transport Reviews
- Are The Reviews Genuine?
- 5 Tips To Help You Filter The Right Information
How To Know If You Can Trust Auto Transport Reviews
Whether it’s for a restaurant, an auto repair shop or a car shipping company, we all rely on online reviews to determine the quality of a service or product. We live in an age where it’s easy to quickly get a birds eye view of how a company performs based on the reviews that others provide for them. Many popular websites like Yelp!, Angie’s List, and even the Better Business Bureau rely on this model and, for the most part, they do their job pretty well. When it comes to auto transport companies, they should definitely be taken with a grain of salt. But why?
Unlike a restaurant or other service oriented businesses, the car shipping world is not rich with people singing the praises of a company that does a good job. Quite the opposite, in fact. If you look up reviews about auto transporters, you’re not likely to find anyone celebrating a job well done. While it’s the case with many different industries, the moving and shipping world is rife with dissatisfied customers who only feel compelled to give a review when something bad happens. That said, it is still a good idea to look at reviews for car shippers so long as you get a balance of the good and the bad. Below you’ll find some tips as to the best approach to get an honest assessment of how a company performs.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Are The Reviews Genuine?
One of the down sides to relying on online reviews is that they can often be easily manipulated or outright faked. With nothing more than an email account, you can register for most websites or review platforms and simply write whatever you want about a company–this goes for both good and bad reviews. This is especially true in today’s marketplace in which so many consumers consult online reviews before making any kind of purchase. This article has some helpful tips that will help you spot fake reviews, some of which we’ll outline below, as well as some of our own advice.
5 Tips To Help You Filter The Right Information
- Make sure you’re using a legitimate resource. Just because a website pops up first using a Google search doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best or most trustworthy. The same goes for websites that include the term “review” in their name–that’s a great way to game the system and trick users into believing a website is the best source of information.
- Do not believe the too-good-to-be-true offer – because most often it is. This doesn’t mean that the lowest price you get is necessarily a scam, but it should definitely be approached with caution. Again, make sure the company name sounds like a real car shipper and not something that’s simply chosen to include the city and service in the title of the website. It’s a good practice to survey a couple different offers before choosing one, both so that you get a good price and also so that you have an accurate idea of what the price range should be.
- Do your homework. Some basic research can be done easily if you know the right place to look, namely the FMCSA website which oversees the industry. There you’ll find helpful information, resources, and even a database you can use to look up companies to find data about the services they provide and any complaints they’ve had lodged against them.
- Don’t automatically go with the cheapest option. Shipping a car isn’t cheap and we all like to save money where we can, but it’s definitely an industry in which the phrase “you get what you pay for” rings true. This is one of the advantages of getting several estimates. It allows you to notice when one company is several hundred dollars less expensive than the others, which should raise some red flags.
- Cast a wide net. This applies to getting price quotes and looking at online reviews. Don’t rely on getting just one estimate and check several different review sites before making a decision. There’s no company out there that’s universally known as the most affordable and there’s not car shipper that has nothing but positive reviews.