One of the main reasons that we look at reviews is to get an idea of what we are about to buy, receive or hire. When it comes to auto transport reviews, customer’s double check the information as they want the right company for their precious car. They go online, read up on reviews, browse through many sites, check and compare quotes but they might still end up choosing the wrong company. The reason is that although they have all the information, they do not know how to filter the right ones out.
Are the Reviews Genuine?
Most of the time people do not believe what they read and for good reason too. Reviews were created for the purpose of helping others out so that they will benefit from other’s experience. So if you are wondering whether to choose XYZ Company, all you have to do is read reviews about them. However, the company might engineer a few good reviews to hike their ratings. There is a negative side too, where the competitors leave some nasty remarks which will turn prospective customers away.
5 Tips to Filter the Right Information
After years of experience in dealing with auto transport companies, here are a few tips that might help you out.
- Go to a legitimate source for information – sometimes people misuse the internet for the simple reason that it is very easy to do so. So when it comes to auto transport reviews, it will be prudent of you to check out whether there are any complaints lodged against the said company in BBB or Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/).BBB said that in 2013 alone there were around 9,300 complaints in regards to transport companies.
- Do not believe the too-good-to-be-true offer – because most often it is. This does not mean that the lowest quote will probably be a scam but it is safer to be on the alert. You can ask the company to send a representative over to see the car and then give a quote. Most scam companies will not bother to take the extra effort of sending someone over. Also, do not accept the first reasonable offer. Read their terms and conditions so that they do not have any hidden surprises for you later on.
- Do your homework – this is not just checking for auto transport reviews but one step further. This may be a little bit of an extra effort, but believe me, it will be worth it. Go to www.protectyourmove.gov where you can find out information about the mover. The FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) has given a unique number that will verify them as licensed movers.
- Be on the safe side even if it means paying more–After you have selected the company, you might still have some qualms about your choice. In that case, it is better to be safe than sorry and you can buy your peace of mind with a full value protection. There have been instances when some companies have refused to let the customer have their goods unless they pay more. Full value protection will ensure that the mover settle claims and to replace any lost or damaged goods.
- Be aware of your rights – FMCSA or any other state agencies will give you all the information that you need about your moving rights and so if you have any disputes with the movers, you can safely enlist the help of the concerned government agencies.
Knowledge is said to be power but I say that the right kind of knowledge is power. So when you know the how, why, what and when you can safely go ahead with reading thereviews because now nobody can fool you.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.