Shipping Cars To Or From Calhoun County
Calhoun County, with nearly 120,000 residents and a wealth of activities for people of all ages, both indoors and out, this county and City of Anniston that is within Calhoun County is an ideal area to live, work and thrive. Visitors will find several museums to explore, the Cane Creek Golf Course, bike trails, hiking trails and more for outdoor adventure and family friendly fun every day of the week. Calhoun County not only offers plenty of local recreation and shopping venues, but the county is also close to Atlanta, Ga and Birmingham, AL, both which are large metro areas with great places for shopping and attractions to enjoy.
Those considering a move to Calhoun County may need to have a vehicle shipped to the area during the move. With more than twenty years of delivering cars to this area in Alabama, A1 Auto Transport has vast knowledge of the local area, the best roads to take and the quickest routes to use for fast delivery.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Calhoun County to New Orleans||$413||413 miles||2-4 days|
|Calhoun County to Pittsburgh||$538||717 miles||3-5 days|
|Calhoun County to Houston||$553||737 miles||3-5 days|
|Philadelphia to Calhoun County||$638||830 miles||3-5 days|
|San Jose to Calhoun County||$1179||2358 miles||6-8 days|
|Seattle to Calhoun County||$1045||2613 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car shipping services in Calhoun County
We provide various car shipping services in Calhoun County. These services are:
- Intrastate car transportation: Residents and dealers in Calhoun county often need car transportation within the state of Alabama. Some of our popular destinations in Calhoun include Anniston, Jacksonville, Weaver, Oxford, Piedmont, Southside, and Glencoe. We offer door-to-door pickup and delivery service to our customers in these locations.
- Interstate car transportation: There are many reasons for transporting cars from other states to Calhoun, the main one being tourism. Being in a southern state, the cities in the county are a popular destination for people looking to avoid the harsh winter in the northern states and those looking to enjoy sunny summers. We ship vehicles to and from Calhoun County to and from all states in the US including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Enclosed or open car transport: When shipping cars to or from Calhoun County, customers have to choose between open car carriers and enclosed trucks. We recommend enclosed carriers for long distance vehicle shipping. Enclosed transport protects the vehicle from harsh weather and road debris. But, if you are looking to cut the shipping budget, the open carrier option is a good choice.
- Luxury vehicle shipping: Few auto shipping companies have the expertise and resources to transport high-end vehicles safely to their destination. With our luxury car shipping services, we guarantee delivery of your precious car without as little as a scratch.
Options for Shipment
When you arrange to have your car transported to Calhoun County, you will need to choose the best way for your car to ship. Here are the options you may have depending on the type of vehicle you own:
- Open Auto Transport: This is the simplest way to ship a car and is also the least expensive mode of auto transport. An open carrier can be either a single level flatbed trailer that will carry up to two cars or it can be a double level carrier that will haul up to ten cars or possibly more. With open auto transport, cars need to be operable for driving onto the carrier. This mode of transport will save the car from racking up unnecessary mileage, but it will also expose the car to the same elements it would be exposed to during an interstate drive including weather, rain and hail, snow or ice, insects and animals and even people during stops at the gas station. Open auto transport is ideal for cars driven daily.
- Enclosed Auto Transport: The optimum in auto transport for those vehicles that need added security during shipment. High end luxury cars, Supercars, sports and race cars as well as classic cars, vintage, collectibles and other rare and expensive cars are best transported inside an enclosed auto transport carrier. These carriers will cost more, often double what an open transport carrier will cost, but with a fully enclosed environment to protect the car from all damaging elements during shipment, the increase in price is not usually a consideration. Customers shipping with enclosed transport service can usually get a guaranteed pickup date and a guaranteed delivery date since there are fewer cars, if any, on the same carrier to be delivered.
- Railway or Airway: Both are great options to consider when you need to ship a vehicle to Calhoun County. Trains are usually low cost while airplanes are generally very expensive and reserved for extremely expensive vehicles. For booking shipment for your car on a train, you need to schedule no less than 30 days in advance. For planes, you can schedule within two weeks, but be prepared to pay a considerable rate for air shipments.
Who ships car to and from Calhoun County?
Our previous customers shipping car to and from Calhoun include:
- Auto dealers transporting cars to customers in Calhoun.
- Individuals shipping cars to and from Calhoun for repairs and sale purposes. Please note that we ship inoperable and salvaged vehicles as well.
- Snowbirds escaping the harsh winters in the north.
Prepare your car for auto transport
All cars need to be ready for transport before the driver picks it up. You agent will provide detailed preparation information, but in general, be sure to take care of the following:
- Wash the car to remove any dust, grease and dirt.
- Remove all personal property form inside the car. Insurance will not cover anything inside the vehicle, and personal property can add unnecessary weight to the car.
- Have a spare key made for the driver.
- Disable the car alarm so it won’t go off during shipment.
- Write down your contact info for the driver.
- Take photos of the car from all angles and file the photos away safely until delivery.
- Do a pre-inspection of your own to check for signs of cosmetic damage, dings and dents and take note of where they are.
- Lower the fuel level to a quarter tank or less.
- Check for fluid leaks and have them repaired if you find any.
- Have the tires inflated to the proper level and make sure the battery is fully charged.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport is a licensed auto shipper. We are insured and bonded. Therefore, you can have peace of mind when using our services as you are guaranteed that your vehicle is covered should there be any damages during transit.
We deliver cars on time. One of our carriers, out of a fleet of 30, will be ready to transport your car. Always book car transport services to and from Calhoun early to give us enough time to schedule pickup and delivery timelines convenient to you. If you are transporting multiple vehicles, we offer great discounts.
We have been shipping cars to or from Calhoun county for more than 20 years. Our experience in the transport industry has translated to quality car shipping services at affordable rates. For a free non-obligatory quote visit this page. Alternatively, call us; our friendly customer care staff will redirect your call to a shipping professional who will provide details about the pricing and answer your auto transport questions.
Local Calhoun County Resources
For more information about Calhoun County and all that it offers, be sure to visit the local website at this link: https://www.visitcalhouncounty.com/
Zip Codes included in Calhoun County
- 36201 – Anniston
- 36202 – Anniston
- 36203 – Oxford
- 36204 – Anniston
- 36205 – Anniston
- 36206 – Anniston
- 36207 – Anniston
- 36250 – Alexandria
- 36253 – Bynum
- 36254 – Choccolocco
- 36257 – De Armanville
- 36260 – Eastaboga
- 36265 – Jacksonville
- 36271 – Ohatchee
- 36272 – Piedmont
- 36277 – Weaver
- 36279 – Wellington
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.