How to Buy Services from Professionals for Boat Shipping to Hawaii?
To avoid navigating it there yourself and jeopardizing its condition, protect your boat’s value by hiring professionals to oversee its transport to Hawaii. A seasoned transporter will have the necessary gear and training to successfully deliver the boat to the island state.
To ensure that your boat is in the greatest possible hands for the transport, take your time looking for the most reputable options nearby. Read reviews and look for ratings to each transport company.
Service Options for the Boat’s Transport.
- Life On/ Lift Off - A crane gradually lowers and lifts your boat off and onto the water vessel transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck is used to secure the boat during its journey to Hawaii.
- Roll On/ Roll Off - This is the least expensive and most purchased method used to ship a boat. The boat will load onto the transport vessel with its attached cradle.
- Flat Rack - Larger boats are best suited for this method of transport. The flat rack acts as an open container for the boat which remains fastened atop a customized cradle.
- Containerized - This is one of the safest forms of transport, protecting the boat from all outside elements. A boat over 8ft in width or height is usually too large to benefit from this overseas shipping service.
- Submersion - Your boat will stay semi-submerged in the water as it is safely pulled to the carrier ship owned by the transporter. The transport vessel will then use strong transport equipment to lift the boat aboard. It’s then tightly fastened to the top of the deck using the appropriate shipping tools.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.