Although the state of Connecticut is smaller in size, it is a very populated area. Many reside here, especially in Bridgeport, to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and landscape. Motorcyclists will find many roads to travel particularly along the coast.
Shipping a motorcycle can be done safely when you hire a company that can be trusted. By paying attention to reviews and ratings from previous customers, this is a reliable way of finding a company that can be deemed dependable. Then, sending your motorcycle to Bridgeport can be done without the stress of worrying.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What You’ll Need to Address Before Shipping a Motorcycle.
Prior to your motorcycle’s shipment, there will be specific requests from the shipment company. These requests are typically standard with the exception of crated shipping. Crated shipping has different requirements that are a little more strict, such as emptying all fluids and disconnecting the battery.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is free of all dirt and deposits.
- Check all of the fluids, as well as the tire pressure and battery.
- Disable the alarm if there is an alarm system.
- Remove any loose items from the bike.
- Take pictures and notes of any damage already done to the bike.
- Check the fuel tank and make sure it is no more than a ¼ full.
Methods of Motorcycle Transport in Bridgeport.
Motorcycle shipment methods vary. Some of them are less safe for the bike than others, yet they come at a lesser rate. It is up to you as the owner to decide what you feel most comfortable with. However, all of these methods are safer than taking the bike there yourself. Many of these companies will even offer insurance during shipment to help assure the safety of your prized possession.
- Open air shipping is when the bike is transported on an open flatbed trailer. This isn’t the safest method seeing as it leaves the bike open to poor road and weather conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is shipped within a container.
- Crated shipping is the absolute safest method of shipment. Although it has strict requirements, the fact that it is strapped to a pallet and placed within an enclosed trailer makes shipment extremely reliable and safe.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle is dropped off at a shipping terminal and then picked up at another terminal in or around Bridgeport.
- Door to door shipping is very convenient. The company will come to where the motorcycle is to retrieve it and then have it dropped off wherever you specify.
Shipment Companies to Contact.
500 State St.
Bridgeport, CT 06604.
1745 E. Main St.
Bridgeport, CT 06610.
17 Southworth St.
Milford, CT 06461.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory