Although the state of Connecticut is smaller in size, it is a very populated area. Many reside here, especially in Bridgeport, to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and landscape. Motorcyclists will find many roads to travel particularly along the coast.
Shipping a motorcycle can be done safely when you hire a company that can be trusted. By paying attention to reviews and ratings from previous customers, this is a reliable way of finding a company that can be deemed dependable. Then, sending your motorcycle to Bridgeport can be done without the stress of worrying.
What You'll Need to Address Before Shipping a Motorcycle.
Prior to your motorcycle's shipment, there will be specific requests from the shipment company. These requests are typically standard with the exception of crated shipping. Crated shipping has different requirements that are a little more strict, such as emptying all fluids and disconnecting the battery.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is free of all dirt and deposits.
- Check all of the fluids, as well as the tire pressure and battery.
- Disable the alarm if there is an alarm system.
- Remove any loose items from the bike.
- Take pictures and notes of any damage already done to the bike.
- Check the fuel tank and make sure it is no more than a ¼ full.
Methods of Motorcycle Transport in Bridgeport.
Motorcycle shipment methods vary. Some of them are less safe for the bike than others, yet they come at a lesser rate. It is up to you as the owner to decide what you feel most comfortable with. However, all of these methods are safer than taking the bike there yourself. Many of these companies will even offer insurance during shipment to help assure the safety of your prized possession.
- Open air shipping is when the bike is transported on an open flatbed trailer. This isn't the safest method seeing as it leaves the bike open to poor road and weather conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is shipped within a container.
- Crated shipping is the absolute safest method of shipment. Although it has strict requirements, the fact that it is strapped to a pallet and placed within an enclosed trailer makes shipment extremely reliable and safe.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle is dropped off at a shipping terminal and then picked up at another terminal in or around Bridgeport.
- Door to door shipping is very convenient. The company will come to where the motorcycle is to retrieve it and then have it dropped off wherever you specify.
Shipment Companies to Contact.
First Call Auto Transport
500 State St.
Bridgeport, CT 06604.
Door to Door Auto Transport
1745 E. Main St.
Bridgeport, CT 06610.
17 Southworth St.
Milford, CT 06461.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.