Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
How To Ship Your BMW X5.
The BMW X5 is a mid-size luxury SUV produced from 1999. The first generation ran from 1999 to 2006 and featured a range of inline-6, V8 and diesel engines, with 5- and 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The third and latest generation began from 2013 and uses only 6- or 8-speed transmission. The third generation offers several variants such as the xDrive50i (450 hp V8 petrol engine), xDrive30d (258 hp inline-6 twin-turbo diesel engine) and M50d M Performance (381 hp tri-turbo inline-6 diesel engine).
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When planning to ship your BMW X5, here are some things you should do.
- Find a company that is reliable, but whose prices are not exorbitant
- Ensure that the company is licensed, insured and certified.
- Find out what previous customers are saying about that company.
- Get a quote from the company. It is also good to get from one or two others and compare pricing.
- Find out about the insurance you may have to pay for your vehicle; it is either part of the shipping cost, or optional as an extra cost.
- Reduce your gas tank as a way to reduce the weight of your car, which affects the shipping cost.
- If you choose door to door delivery, ensure that you are at home to receive your car at the agreed time.
- When you get your car, evaluate it for damages and compare with the initial state of the car. If there are issues, then you should contact the customer service unit if the auto transport company and raise your complaints, and follow it up from there.
What you should know.
- Open and enclosed carriers: Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dusts, or any other hazards. Enclosed carriers are more expensive, but offer protection to the car from weather factors and other hazards. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars.
- Terminal to terminal: Terminals are designated facilities within certain areas, where cars are dropped off to be picked by the carrier, or dropped by carrier to be picked by the owner. Terminal to terminal service reduces the cost of the shipping when compared to door to door.
- Door to door: While some companies use only terminals, there are those who are able to pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners. However, this brings additional costs.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage is wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it. Shipping internationally is usually costlier and takes more time, as it involves more details and documentation, as well as customs issues.
Secure a timely and safe delivery of your car today when you contact us and let us handle it for you. You can get a free quote by just filling some information about the shipment. Reach us any time with your inquiries; we are here to help.