Regardless of whether you are purchasing an imported or shipping your own motorcycle for a road trip, it is very important to be aware of the precautions and safety tips when you are looking for best way to ship my motorcycle.
It’s good to know that the majority of the companies are well versed in proper methods of shipping cargo and they are going to arrange everything on your behalf, including the preparation of paperwork. Of course, that comes at a certain price. Typically, a shipment of your motorcycle is going to cost in the range of $500 and $875 and they may be an additional surcharge for fuel.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping your motorcycle.
First and foremost, when you are searching for best way to ship my motorcycle, you need to get your motorcycle packed in a crate or in a container. A lot of companies for international shipping offer reusable or single-use crates which are designated for different types of motorcycles. If you purchase a reusable crate you are taking the long term approach as you can use it again and again and on any freight terminal. With this in mind, if intend on shipping the motorcycle back, a reusable crate is definitely the better option.
When you pack the motorcycle, it is particularly important to take the necessary precautions in order to ensure the safety of the cargo. You should assume that the carrier won’t implement special treatment but instead use the standard protocols. That’s why it’s important to protect it from unexpected twists and turns.
- Tie down the motorcycle as well as all of its parts.
- Lower the pressure in the tires.
- Remove the batter if you are traveling by air.
- Drain the fluids.
Make a Detailed List.
For the best way to ship my motorcycle, you need to make a detailed packing list for the content of the crate. This is going to be supplied to the carrier and kept for verification. You should also get photos of all the things that you’ve packed and a picture of the crate when it’s ready. If something happens and your cargo is compromised or damage, this is going to help you recover the damages. That is another reason that insurance is important.
Once you’ve done the necessary research to securely pack the motorcycle, you can start getting quotes from various carriers. Keep in mind that the cheapest offer doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the best on. That’s why you want to check online reviews or ask someone for suggestions. Make sure to get answers to the following:
- The length of the travel.
- Cargo tracking options.
- Requirements on the crate shipping.
- The pick-up as well as delivery methods.
Now that you have already chosen the shipping company, you’ve packed the motor motorcycle and you’ve completed all the necessary information, you are ready to go. All that you have left is to pack your bags and get going. At A1 Auto Transport Company, we ensure that your motorcycle is shipped safely to the new destination.
Related Information & FAQs
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory