What is the Best Company to Ship a Motorcycle?
Shipping a motorcycle without causing it harm and getting it delivered safely is a responsibility only a professional transport company should undertake. Fortunately, it isn’t expensive to hire a transport company for your motorcycle’s delivery.
Auto transport services are known for cost efficiency and affordability.
Choosing the Best Company for Motorcycle Transport Services
Do a little Internet research before hiring a transport company to ship your bike. It’s important to look for certain characteristics in a transporter if you wish to have your motorcycle delivered safely. To find the best company for the job, here is what you look for…
- The transport company should have a positive reputation. Look for reviews, testimonials and ratings for each transporter you have in consideration. Read what past shipping customers have to say about their experience.
- Hire a transporter with years of proven history in the industry. They should have plenty of experience with motorcycle shipping procedures.
- Transport companies must be registered with the Federal government and have a S. DOT number. Make sure your company can legally operate across state lines and international borders depending on where you need your bike delivered.
- The law requires that transport companies offer at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage. Some companies will offer more coverage up to the full value of the motorcycle. Find out what your company offers.
- The transporter should offer a variety of shipping services including motorcycle delivery. Mull over their services and make sure they have what you need. This may include additional services such as high priority services and door to door deliveries.
- Contacting the transport company should remain easy, even in an emergency. Make sure they’re easy to contact and willing to take your calls.
- As a longstanding transport company, they should own all of the proper equipment and tools as well as the latest shipping technologies.
When you hire a company with the right qualities, you can rest assure you’re hiring the best transport company to look after the delivery of your motorcycle. They’ll take great care of the bike and in most cases, you’ll have the ability to follow the motorcycle while it’s in transit through satellite tracking services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.