For the motorcycle shipping process, choose a Beckley transport company that you feel is dependable. Read over the shipping company’s ratings and reviews from past customers. You can usually find this information online. This will help you select a reliable company that will ship the motorcycle without any issues.
Make sure that the shipping method you select is also one you feel comfortable with and that the method is within your budget. However, spending a few extra dollars to assure the bike’s safety is a wise decision. Many companies will offer insurance for shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle Shipment Requirements Carried by the Transport Company for Preparation Purposes.
The variety of shipping methods available includes enclosed shipping, crated shipping, open air shipping, door to door, and terminal to terminal. All of the transport methods have standard prep work required, except when it comes to crated shipping. In this case, the motorcycle will need to be drained of all fluids and the battery must be disconnected. The handlebars and other items may also need to be removed.
Getting the Bike Ready.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is clean from all dirt and debris.
- Take off any loose items on the bike. Anything unnecessary should also be removed.
- Have the bike inspected for existing damage. Take notes and pictures.
- Check the gas. Make sure the tank is n more than ¼ full.
- Check fluids, battery and tire pressure.
As long as all requirements are addressed in the approved manner, motorcycle transport should go along effortlessly. With the many different shipping methods available, a motorcycle owner can rest at ease knowing their bike is in good hands.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?