Choosing the right transport company to entrust your motorcycle with is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly. It requires a little research on your behalf if you wish to hire a transport company that you feel you can trust your vehicle with.
By scouring the Internet and reading through reviews, ratings and websites, you can gain more knowledge of the trustworthy shipping services for motorcycles throughout Beaverton and its neighboring cities.
What Shipping Methods Can Be Used for Motorcycle Shipping?
Prior to shipping the motorcycle out of Beaverton, you will have to consider the variety of ways in which you can professionally ship a motorcycle. All of them are dependable, but some of them are a bit safer than others. Most shipping companies will give their customers several options and even offer insurance during shipping.
Motorcycle Transport Methods and Services.
- Crated shipping is the safest form of shipment. The motorcycle will be placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it will be placed within a container. The fluids must be drained and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Open air shipping will mean that the bike is placed on the back of a flatbed and tied down. It is open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the bike is placed within an enclosed a trailer for shipment. This is another safe method of transport.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle must be dropped off at a terminal and retrieved from another terminal.
- Door to door shipping is when the shipping company comes to your home and retrieves the motorcycle and then drops it off at another terminal for you to pick it up.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.