When you think of auto transport services, chances are that you’re thinking about standard auto transport, in which your vehicle is loaded onto a trailer and driven to its final destination. But there was a time in which drive away auto transport was much more commonplace and offered as a service by companies. Now, it has faded significantly in popularity and is not usually offered. In spite of this, it has not entirely gone away, but there are many reasons why you should be leery of choosing drive away auto transport in place of the standard options.
What is Driveaway Auto Transport
In case you don’t know, drive away auto transport is when a person actually drives your vehicle from the pickup location to the agreed-upon destination. Most drive away auto transport services today are arranged between friends or friends of friends unofficially, but still, some auto transport companies may offer it. These companies are usually local ones that only operate within a small area. It’s not offered for long distance destinations, and if it is, you definitely shouldn’t choose it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why Driveaway Auto Transport is a Bad Idea
Driveaway auto transport is a bad idea because of many different reasons. The main ones are that:
- It’ll put unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle.
- You’ll be liable for all fuel costs.
- Your vehicle will not be as well protected.
- It costs more than standard auto transport.
- The value of your vehicle will decrease.
The fact is, all of the benefits that standard auto transportation offers do not exist with driveaway auto transport. Your vehicle’s value will decrease with each mile that is placed on it, not to mention the wear and tear that it’ll go through. Plus, the costs will be more because you’ll have to not only pay the driver but will also be liable for fuel expenses and perhaps even road expenses. If your vehicle needs to be driven across the country, for example, who knows if it’ll suffer a flat tire or require you to change the oil, etc… The transit time of your vehicle may be faster with drive away auto transport, but it’s not worth all of the negatives.
Standard Auto Transport is the Way to Go
Standard auto transport is the far better option. Your vehicle will be securely protected at all times, no matter if your choose open or enclosed transport, and, best of all, there will be no wear and tear put on your vehicle. It also costs less, since auto transport carriers can transport multiple vehicles at once. You can be confident that the price will also include road and fuel expenses, so you’ll know what you’ll have to pay ahead of time.
Of course, you need to make sure that you choose a credible and reliable company. Always visit the Better Business Bureau’s website at www.bbb.org to read up on an auto transport company.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we promise to provide you with the utmost professionalism and quality service. Contact us today for your free no obligation quote!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory