A transport company that specializes in the shipping of automobiles should have a positive reputation if you’re to hire them for services. Actually, the purchase of shipping services is one of the most cost-effective and reliable ways to get your car from one place to the next without struggling to relocate the vehicle alone.
Hiring a transport service to ship your car to Los Angeles is easier when you’re aware of the common mistakes most shipping customers make.
Common Mistakes made by the Shipping Customer.
- Not looking into the history of the shipping company before hiring them for services. Researching the companies that are local to you is important. They should also have the proper licensing and certificates to prove their legitimacy as an auto transporter.
- Not remembering to ask about the insurance coverage provided. Although it is rare that insurance is ever needed during a transport due to the security of the international transport company and their staff, it’s important that the company carries it anyway. This is their way of guaranteeing their services and it is obligatory for all trustworthy transporters to have insurance policies.
- Not preparing the automobile as asked by the transporters. The prep work is all in the best interest of the vehicle and those handling it during the shipping process. All risks are lessened when the car is prepared accordingly.
- Not presenting the documents required. You must have everything requested by the transporter including a license, insurance and the vehicle’s specifications and original title.
- Paying for the shipping services before the transport concludes. Never pay out any money before the transport has begun. Most reputable transporters won’t ask for anything upfront.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com