Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
How To Ship Your Avanti
Before shipping that Avanti long distance, there are a few factors one must always remember. Shipment is either national or international.
There are numerous options when it comes to domestic shipment, all depending on the budget, urgency and personal preferences. One can choose between road, rail or air transport. Road transport offers the widest array of choice
- Open trailers that carry a single vehicle
- Multi-car carriers with about three vehicles on board
- Multi-car multi-level carriers with up to ten vehicles
- Enclosed carriers
The choice most of the time depends on the size dimensions and specific needs of the vehicle. For example, a high-end luxury or collector’s item vintage car might require the exclusivity of an enclosed single vehicle carrier. This reduces the chances of damage from accidents with other vehicles or weather elements. The size of the vehicle matters a lot during shipping. It might be wise to remove accessories like spoilers making the vehicle much safer and reducing the overall cost of the shipment.
For overseas shipment, there are two options; freight or air. Air transport is by far the most expensive. It is also extremely fast, and might, therefore, appeal to a certain clientele. Ocean freight, on the other hand, comes in two options.
- The vehicle can either be driven into the ship and secured in storage below deck, or
- The vehicle can be secured in a container
Even though both options are perfectly safe, securing the car below deck exposes it to damage from humidity and the possibility of accidents from other cars.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Pickup and delivery
There are two options when it comes to picking up and delivery, door to door and terminal based delivery. Door to door is typically more expensive, and understandably so. However, if you have the means and time to transport the car between the container terminals and the final address at both ends of the auto transportation then go for the terminal based service.
There are many auto transport service providers in the industry, all offering different services at different prices. Before making that commitment, understand what exactly you want with your vehicle, and use those specifics to narrow down the search field. Looking through shipping companies online is easy, and there are tools which enable potential clients to compare quotes from different automobile shipment outlets. Comparing prices can reduce one’s expenditure by up to 70 per cent.
A fair amount of preparation is required to get the car ready for shipment. It is important to remove all personal belongings from the vehicle for several reasons. Any damage to personal belongings might not be covered by insurance. The shipment process might damage the personal effects in the vehicle, or have them damage the car. It is important to wash the car carefully and take note of the physical condition before handing it over. If possible, take pictures of the vehicle at the moment of pick up. It might be necessary to disable the alarm especially if it is to be loaded below deck on a ship.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory