Truck Shipping Rates & Services
A-1 Auto Transport is a nationally certified truck shipping company that delivers to all 50 states, including Hawaii and Alaska. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have an expert staff of highly trained professionals with the knowledge and expertise to safely and efficiently ship trucks to and from any city in the United States. We combine top notch service with rock bottom pricing to offer the most affordable, highest quality transport options in the industry. Here are some of the types of trucks that we frequently ship:
- Classic, antique and vintage trucks and pickups.
- Service and utility trucks.
- Tow trucks and dump trucks
- Box trucks, platform trucks & flatbed trucks.
- Fire trucks, garbage trucks, and larger service vehicles..
- Compact, mid-size and full-size trucks.
- Semi trucks and commercial trucks (class 1 through 8)
- Flatbed, hauling and delivery trucks.
Cost Factors In Transport: Weight, Equipment & Shipping Routes.
- Weight & Size - Weight and size are key factors in determining the cost of shipping, mainly because they can vary so much from one vehicle to another. There’s a big difference between transporting a pickup, an F-150, and a cement mixer truck because of the difference in dimensions and tonnage.
- Equipment Required - Different sizes may require special equipment to safely ship from one location to another, particular with regard to the size of and type of trailer needed. Some examples of the types of trailers used for transportation are flatbed, hotshot, single-drop, double-drop and step-deck, just to name a few.
- Location & Destination - As with any other type of vehicle transport, the delivery distance, and by extension the location and destination, also play a role in the overall cost of transporting. Mileage is a pretty simple cost to understand, but the delivery route also plays a part in the price of truck shipping. Some routes that are more frequently traveled tend to be less expensive than others (for example Florida to New York is a popular delivery route that offers more options and cheaper pricing than others.) This is especially true for long distance and cross country truck shipping. Shipping to and from a major metro area is generally a way of getting good value when you hire a truck transport company.
Resources For Truck Owners & Enthusiasts.
Truck Trend Auto Shows - A resource from Motortrend for truck owners that has information about truck shows and auto shows that feature trucks from across the U.S. and internationally. Some of the biggest auto shows in the world for trucks and pickups are included on the list.
Custom Classic Trucks - The website for the magazine “Custom Classic Trucks” that has information about vintage and classic truck events, news, restoration, and resources. They focus on the following makes of trucks: Chevy, GMC, Plymouth, Chrysler, Studebaker, Dodge, Ford & Mercury.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org