Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Atherton, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Atherton Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Atherton started as a low-profile town in mid-western California and later gained popularity as a preferred residential area for Silicon Valley’s top executives. Many exclusive mansions float around the area, which is just a short drive from The Valley. While tech forms part of the driving forces in the economy, A-1 Auto Transport drives the one involving vehicle transportation. We give the most reliable solutions for shipping cars to or from Atherton.
Areas covered in Atherton
We can pick up or deliver the vehicle at any address. Our transport networks cut through all the states in the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii.
Car shipping services offered in Atherton
Two things make a huge impact on your decision between the enclosed and open-air shipping options.
- The cost to ship is much higher on the enclosed option, the main reason being added equipment and decreased capacity on the truck. Open-air trailers can carry more vehicles in one trip, which helps to drive down the transportation costs.
- Enclosed shipping helps to cover many of the risks involved during transportation. It secures your vehicle from the elements, dust, rocks, and other external hazards while on the road. When you choose open-air transport, your car will travel when exposed to all these dangers.
One of the best ways to lower the cost to ship is meeting the transportation truck at a shipping terminal. We will point out the nearest hubs in your state when you book the service. Our driver will get in touch within 48hrs of pick-up/delivery to confirm all the details. Door-to-door shipping offers better coverage to remote areas. The service allows us to drop off or pick up the vehicle at your residence. We will offer you attractive rates on the option when shipping cars to or from Atherton. The roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) is by far the cheapest international shipping standard. It involves loading and unloading vehicles on a ship’s ramp by driving. Some of the vessels used can transport thousands of cars in one trip across the sea. Containerized transport helps to keep the vehicles safe from damage during the shipping process. There are two container options:
- A shared container can transport between 2-4 cars, helping to bring down the cost to ship. It is faster when you have more than one car to ship and slower when the transporter needs to look for other shippers to fill the remaining space.
- A dedicated container is a better idea when you have a lot of other stuff like spare parts and household items coming along with the vehicle. You can put everything in the container at no extra charge.
Cars that we ship
We have reliable transport services for standard cars, vans, trucks, buses, RVs, farm machinery, boats, snowmobiles, jet skis, and others.
Prepping your car for shipping
We will not allow personal items inside the vehicle due to restrictions from the FMCSA. Flouting the rule might lead to heavy fines and confiscation. The only time that you can include the stuff is when you have a dedicated shipping container. Take note of the existing damage to your vehicle. The best way to start doing this is by having the vehicle cleaned then walk around it as you record the details. You will transfer this information to the Bill of Lading, which has the official inspection report. Use a camera to take images of the damage. Too much gas adds unnecessary weight to the vehicle and increases the safety hazards during the transportation. We recommend that you keep it at around 1/4 of the tank. Remove all the racks and detachable items from the exterior. Use a protective cover on the non-removable parts. Fold in the side-view mirrors to protect them from getting hit during the transportation process. One of the best ways to cut your costs when shipping cars to or from x is by keeping your vehicle in running shape. It allows us to use little handling equipment as we load and unload it by driving. The following checklist can help you with the preparations.
- Keep the battery fully charged.
- Top off the fluids and acclimatize the vehicle to the new environment.
- Keep the tires well inflated.
- Make sure that the vehicle does not have any noticeable leaks.
About A-1 Auto Transport
We have the safest and most reliable solutions for shipping cars to or from Atherton. We have domestic and international services for all kinds of vehicles.
Get free quotes!
Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free and non-obligatory quote from A-1 Auto Transport today.