It isn’t that hard to find dependable motorcycle transport in Agawam. However, you should always take some time to research the companies nearby. They should have a good reputation for successful vehicle deliveries.
They should also be familiar with motorcycle shipping and have all of the latest transport equipment to secure the vehicle. Look at the companies’ websites and even call them to ask questions and gather quotes.
When you the company you choose to hire, schedule your transport a few weeks before you’d like it to be on its way. Of course, transport companies understand that there are situations where shipping the bike in a hurry is imperative. Don’t be afraid to ask if the transport company provides any faster shipping services. They will be happy to assist you any way they can.
Questions to Ask the Transport Company.
- What types of services do you offer motorcycle shipping customers?
- Are you approved by the DOT?
- Do you offer insurance during transport?
- What types of discounts or promotions do you presently have running?
- Is it possible to get the bike to its destination in time?
- How must I prepare the motorcycle?
- What types of documents will I need to have present?
- Must I be present for delivery and drop off?
- How far in advance is required or suggested for scheduling a motorcycle transport?
- How much will it cost and what fees are associated with the total?
Through asking questions, you will be able to get a better assessment of the company and whether they’re willing to work with you and your concern for the bike’s protection and safe delivery. It is up to you to decide what features or services that you need.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.