There are a lot of logistics to take care of when shipping your motorcycle. You can either handle those yourself, or you can outsource the work to a certified shipping company. If you choose the latter option, it’s important to keep these three things in mind to make it a smooth process.
Get a firm ETA for your motorcycle
Shipping companies will often give you a range of dates for when your motorcycle will arrive, simply because there are a number of factors that go into shipping your motorcycle. Is your motorcycle in a shipment with other bikes? Are there unfavorable weather patterns such as tornadoes or blizzards? Will the trucks need to cross mountains? All of these things can add to your arrival time. Make sure that the shipping company knows ahead of time when you absolutely need your bike so that they can fulfill your request.
Protect anything breakable
Unless your motorcycle shipping company is boxing up your bike, make sure you protect any breakable parts of your bike. I would recommend wrapping up all headlights and even consider removing any items that might come loose and pack them separately. Some shipping companies take better care than others, so it’s always important to take extra precaution.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Trust your gut
There are a lot of motorcycle transport companies out there, not all with stellar reputations. If you have a buddy who has shipped his bike before, ask him for a recommendation about a good outfit. Next, check out reviews online to see how others have rated the companies you’re deciding between. You’ll save yourself a big headache when your motorcycle shows up late with a dent in it by just putting in a little more work in the beginning.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?