Ship Your Car To Or From Malaysia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping cost for a car from the U.S. to Malaysia start at $2,400 for basic shipment of standard car, up to $4,900 or more for larger vehicles and specialty services.
- The most cost-effective way to transport a car to Malaysia is either in a shipping container, or using roll on, roll off service aboard a boat.
When exporting a vehicle to Malaysia, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Malaysia has a climate that can best be described as tropical, yet it is not characterized by extreme heat. While humidity is fairly common, the nights are usually cool. The rainy season generally runs from November to February, while August is the wettest month on the west coast. Since chances are high that your car will be shipped to the west coast, it would be best to avoid transporting your vehicle in August.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. Despite the heavy rainfall in August, it is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Malaysia.
While Malaysia is still adjusting to opening its ports to foreign countries, it is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a cultured and rapidly growing country.
Malaysia is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country have strengthened and become more efficient in recent years.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Malaysia.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Passport and copy.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Insurance policy from country or origin.
- Permission letter from shipper.
Visit the Malaysia Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Malaysia.
Oddly enough, Malaysian banks are closed on Saturday afternoons and all day on Sundays. However, they are also closed all day on the first and third Saturday of each month.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Malaysia.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels, or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Malaysia.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Malaysia. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Malaysia before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Malaysia. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Malaysia.
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Malaysia.
- Driving in Malaysia: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Malaysia are as quickly as possible. After three months of staying in Malaysia, you will need to apply for an International Driver’s License. Malaysian cars drive on the left side of the road, similar to most European countries.
- Malaysia Driver’s License: Information regarding how to obtain a valid driver’s license in Malaysia can be found here.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory