Previously known as Iskandar Puteri, Johor Bahru is the capital of the Johor state in Malaysia. It is the part of the larger metro area of Iskandar. It was granted the status of a city in 1994 and has emerged as the second most populous city in the country. Whether you are moving here due to work or business and intend staying on a long term basis or even a few years, it helps to have your own vehicle.
When you are importing a vehicle in Johor Bahru, there are certain laws and regulations to meet. Like any other international shipment, there are documents to file and permits to receive before the vehicle can be transported to Malaysia. You’ll need to account in the weather as Malaysia is prone to hurricanes and cyclones in July-August, so it is best to work around that time or it can just delay the shipment. However, despite that it is easy to import goods all through the year.
Though it has positive relationship with USA and other Western countries, it is easy to navigate through the customs and regulations for a timely shipment. In the recent years, moving and trade with Malaysia has been strengthened as the country has benefitted with trade and travel enhancements.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before shipping your vehicle.
To start with, you need to work with a reliable international shipping service like ours. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have over 20 years of experience getting vehicles transported all over the world from USA. We can help you get your vehicle transported and customs cleared in Johor Bahru, so contact us today. Some important documents that are needed include:
- Car registration from home country.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Title deed and insurance certificate of the car.
- Passport of the owner.
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- Work/residence permit given by the Malaysian authority.
To get the latest details about the import, you can contact the Royal Malaysian Customs Department. It will help you get acquainted with the limitations and eligibility for the import of vehicles. You will need to ensure that to get the levy and taxes paid so remember than banks are closed on the weekends. You will need to ensure that your vehicle is ready to be shipped and there is no cause for delay in handling over in Johor Bahru. To do that you will have to make sure that the car is steam cleaned, devoid of personal belongings and only the floor mats, jack and spare tires are in it. This is especially needed if you intend sending the vehicle by Roll-on/Roll-Off method. These are some of the aspects of ensuring no delays and speedy deliveries as you have adhered to the requirements.
Vehicle transportation methods.
- Container shipping: If you have personal goods to ship along with the car, this method works best. Safety checks and shipping procedures are maintained. It is more expensive than RORO method but it is better for expensive vehicles and vintage cars as they are secure and protected within 20 feet or 40 feet containers.
- RORO: Roll on/Roll-off is a more cost effective method of shipping as the vehicle is driven on and off the ship. After it has been driven on the deck, it is secured along with other cars. That is one of the reasons that personal items are not allowed. However, it is affordable and the cheapest method of shipping on freight ships.
Upon Arrival In Malaysia.
When your car arrives in Malaysia, you will need to pay the required levies and custom taxes before it is handed over to you. You will need to apply for registration with the local government authorities and pay for insurance. After three months of being in Johor Bahru, you will need to get your requite Malaysia Driver’s License or the International driving license. To get the latest updates on shipping vehicles or driving in Malaysia, please check with the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory