- Car Shipping Libya
- Transporting A Vehicle To Libya
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Libya
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Libya
- Popular Destinations
- Other Requirements To Import
- Specific Regulations Are As Follows
- Before You Ship
- Shipping Options
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Libya
- How Should I Have My Heavy Equipment Shipped To Libya?
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Libya
Transporting a Vehicle to Libya
Shipping A Car To Libya
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It costs between $3,200 to $6,300 to have a car shipped from the U.S. to Libya, a price range that generally captures the most common costs for shipping to a country on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Because of its ample coastline, vehicle shipments using a container may be cheaper than other methods.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Libya
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Tripoli||$350||$3,800||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Benghazi||$450||$4,700||5+38|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Tripoli||$475||$3,800||6+35|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Benghazi||$550||$4,700||6+38|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Tripoli||$550||$1,700||5+18|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Tripoli||$575||$1,700||6+18|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Benghazi||$675||$2,000||6+22|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Tripoli||$700||$1,700||6+18|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Tripoli||$775||$3,800||7+35|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Benghazi||$1,075||$2,000||7+22|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a vehicle to Libya can be a simple thing to do as long as you know what regulations and prerequisites are required for shipping. You will need to have paperwork filled out and documents available for customs when planning to ship overseas from the United States. Libya is a country that does not have some of the stringent import laws that many other countries have, but they do have strict policies on paperwork to clear your vehicle through customs. Your transport agent will go over the paperwork required as well as let you know the mandatory documents they will need to transport your vehicle for you.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Libya
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Original title & current registration
- Signed affidavit of Power of Attorney if you will not be present at the exit port in the U.S. or at the entry port in Libya
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Bill of sale
- Valid passport
- Import permit
- Letter of employment
Other Requirements to Import
The Customs Department in Libya will require documents to ship your vehicle into the country. Your transport agent will assist you with getting the documents properly filled out or you can contact the Embassy of Libya in Washington, DC for more information on paperwork needed to go through customs.
Specific regulations are as follows
- Must have a Driver’s License. Licenses from the United States are acceptable, but it is recommended to possess an International Driver’s License as well
- Citizens returning to Libya may not import vehicles older than 5 years old
- Citizens returning to Libya must pay a 10% tax after customs estimates the vehicle value
- Foreigners must pay fee accessed of 25% of the value of the vehicle as a deposit and a Temporary Regime will be applied. When exiting Libya, the deposit will be refunded
- Must obtain insurance coverage for Libya
- Must pay a temporary membership to the Automobile and Touring Club of Libya in the amount of $50 for 4WD Vehicle/ $50 for Motorbikes/ $100 for Campers and Vans
- Must get a temporary Libyan Car Plate
Before You Ship
You will want to make sure you sit down with the agent to discuss in detail the required paperwork and the type of shipping you will be doing. The transport agency will give you a total quote that will cover the type of shipping, pick-up, and delivery if needed, and fees that will be included in the final billing. They will also go over anything you need to do to prepare the vehicle to be shipped, including steam cleaning if necessary, cleaning out personal items from the interior or removing accessories from the exterior of the vehicle. The transport agent will also be able to give you directions on where to locate many of the documents and paperwork that you will need. For more information on international customs regulations you can also contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and they can direct you to paperwork and give you information on regulations for shipping personal items as well as your vehicle.
There are several ways to ship a vehicle internationally. These are the ways you will choose from when making plans to have your vehicle shipped to Libya:
- Ro-Ro Shipping - Ro-Ro shipping is the most efficient and quickest way to ship your vehicle overseas. Your vehicle will be driven onto the ship and secured to make sure it is stable and will be driven off the ship when it reaches the port in Libya. For Ro-Ro Shipping your car must not have any personal items inside of it, so you will need to thoroughly clean it prior to shipping.
- Container Shipping - Your car will be transported onto a cargo ship after being carefully enclosed in a 20- or 40-foot container. Shipping a vehicle internationally via container is more expensive, but it also allows you to transfer other products together with your car.
- Air Cargo Shipping - Shipping your car via air is the most expensive way to ship, but it is also the fastest way to have your vehicle where you need it in Libya. Your vehicle will either be driven onto the Cargo plane or will be placed inside of a freight container and then loaded onto the plane for travel.
Your transport agent will work with you to make the transition to having your vehicle shipped to Libya as smoothly as possible. For more information on the cost of shipping internationally and what procedures you will need to follow you can check out this article.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Libya
It takes precision, attention to detail, experience and a whole lot more to successfully deliver cargo to a country other than your own. So if you’re in need of professional shipping services so that you can ship your cargo from the U.S. to Libya, A1 Auto Transport has you covered. We will help you comply with foreign import laws and use all the best equipment to safely ship your cargo overseas.We don’t have strict regulations regarding what we consider as “heavy equipment” or “oversized cargo,” but it is safe to assume that your cargo is oversized if it cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container. Regardless, there truly aren’t many types of equipment and oversized cargo we can’t deliver. Here are some examples of the heavy equipment we have shipped for past customers…
- Farm Equipment including tractors, balers, harvesters, backhoes, etc.
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, rock breakers, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, spreaders, drills, mowers, planers, etc.
How Should I Have My Heavy Equipment Shipped to Libya?
The options available to you through A1 rely immensely on the size and weight of your equipment or cargo. Some of these options are also more expensive than others due to the extra safety features provided. However, when you call in for a quote, we will inform you of your options and even guide you with your selection. Here is what we have to offer in heavy equipment shipping options…
- Lift On/Lift Off is one of the most common forms of open air transport. This method safely lifts your cargo using a crane to put it on and take it off of the ship.
- Roll On/Roll Off is the most inexpensive way to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo overseas. For this open air shipping method, your equipment or large vehicle must drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Flat Rack shipping is also a common form of open air international transport. Your oversized or heavy cargo will be secured to a metal frame and then placed on the back of the ship. If poor weather conditions are a concern your cargo may be protected with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t available for most oversized cargo unless it can fit into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we have available. It will protect your cargo from outdoor elements and criminal activity.