Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Tarhuna
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Tarhuna is situated about forty miles southeast of Tripoli, in Libya. While it was first known as Al-Boirat in the 19th-20th century, it eventually went to the name it is known as today. If you want to stay in Libya and work or go to school, you may want to consider bringing your vehicle with you for easier transportation needs.
You will need to educate yourself with the rules and regulations of importing and shipping the vehicle to Tarhuna before you actually begin the process.
The import process from the United States is easy and the regulations are very clear. You will need to provide certain documentation in order to import your vehicle and play your duties as well. A1 Auto Transport Service is a great company to work with so you can get your vehicle imported without delays or problems. The rules for importing to Tarhuna are not as strict as other countries however it is required that you have all the paperwork in order when preparing your vehicle for importation. You will need to have the following documentation in order to start the procedure:
- Title to the vehicle.
- Insurance proof.
- Your passport.
- Your international driver’s license.
- Power of attorney signed in case you cannot beat either port to drop off or pick up your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for Importing a Vehicle to Libya.
The Customs Department of Libya needs to see additional documentation before your vehicle can be placed in their hands. You will need to contact the Embassy of Libya if you need clarification. You will need:
- Title of the vehicle.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Driver’s license and passport of the car owner.
- The import permit issued by the Libyan government.
- A logbook of the car.
- Insurance policy documentation.
Specific rules for auto import.
- No car can be over five years old.
- Pay 10% tax for citizens who have been living abroad and are returning.
- Foreign Nationals are required to pay a deposit of 25% on the value of the car ( this deposit is refundable when leaving the country.
Shipping a Vehicle to Libya.
Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping is the most chosen way to ship to Libya. Your car will need to be prepared before importing. This includes steam cleaning the vehicle thoroughly, removing all personal items with the exception of a spare set of keys, a spare tire, and a car jack. The vehicle will be strapped down safely on the deck of the ship so it doesn’t move while being transported. Once it reaches customs, it will be driven off the ship.