- Car Shipping Haiti
- Ship Your Car To Or From Haiti
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Haiti
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Transporting A Car To Haiti | Documents & Visa Info
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Haiti
- Resources For Shipping A Car To Haiti
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Haiti
- What Might My Shipping Options Be?
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Haiti
Ship Your Car To Or From Haiti
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most car shipping services to Haiti from the U.S. can be done for $1,200 to $2,700, not including applicable taxes and registration fees.
- Since Haiti is relatively close, shipping costs can be even less than the numbers mentioned above, especially for transport shipments coming from Florida.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Haiti
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Port au Prince||$200||$3,700||5+15|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Port au Prince||$275||$4,200||5+8|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Port au Prince||$450||$3,700||5+15|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Port au Prince||$475||$3,700||6+15|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Port au Prince||$550||$3,700||6+15|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Port au Prince||$575||$4,200||6+8|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Port au Prince||$675||$4,200||6+8|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Port au Prince||$775||$3,700||7+15|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Port au Prince||$800||$4,200||6+8|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Port au Prince||$1,075||$4,200||7+8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a car to the Republic of Haiti can take some work, and if you don’t have all the documents and legal paperwork in order, it can also take a lot of time and end up costing more than it should. There are different requirements for bringing a vehicle into Haiti, depending on whether it’s for business, organizational or personal use. Understanding the taxes involved and having the required legal documents is essential to keeping the process efficient and costs to a minimum.
Non-governmental organizations (NGO) are exempt from paying import taxes but still must pay an inspection fee when shipping a car to Haiti.
Haitian auto imports are taxed on a sliding scale that depends on the value of the vehicle. The taxation rates are between 5% and 20% and increase by increments of 5%. Most vehicles--those valued higher than $2,000--pay the maximum tax of 20%. A 10% tourist tax must be paid when bringing a used vehicle into the country. If your imported vehicle must be stored temporarily in Haiti while paperwork and documents are sorted out, there is a daily fee that applies.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
- Les Cayes
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Transporting A Car To Haiti | Documents & Visa Info
One of the challenges of relocating a car internationally is dealing with the customs and taxes (see above) and the required paperwork for the country you're shipping to. We’ve listed the essential documents below, though it should be noted that other forms may be required, depending on the type of vehicle, its specifications and what it will be used for.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Haiti
- Passport or visa.
- Original title.
- Copy of drivers license.
- Bill of sale.
- Detailed cargo manifest.
- Point of origin and destination.
- Ocean bill of lading.
Depending on the length of the visit and the nature of the trip, U.S. residents may not need a visa in Haiti, but a valid passport is required.
Resources For Shipping A Car To Haiti
Haiti Import Regulations - Customs restrictions that apply to non-vehicle imports that you should know about if you’re bringing anything else into the country or plan on moving to Haiti for a permanent stay or long term visit.
Embassy of Haiti (Washington, D.C.) - The United States Office of the Embassy of Haiti has information about consulate locations in the U.S., what to know when visiting Haiti
Haiti Attorney List (PDF) - From the Haitian Embassy in the U.S., a list of attorneys in Haiti that can help you if you’re having legal issues or difficulty figuring getting a vehicle through customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Haiti
The tedious process of shipping heavy equipment or oversized cargo across the ocean to another country such as Haiti, is one that will benefit greatly from professional transport services. Complying with foreign import laws and finding haulers, safety gear and supplies of quality for such a large task isn’t easy to take on when you’re not familiar with the transport industry or foreign policies regarding imports. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport is here to help. We have nearly 30 years of experience and access to all the right equipment and technology to successfully see through international deliveries.
The affordable shipping services we have to offer are all capable of shipping nearly any type of heavy equipment to Haiti from the U.S. The transport methods available to you through us will depend on the weight and size of the cargo you need to ship overseas. If you’re not sure what we consider as heavy equipment or oversized cargo, here is a list of examples…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
What Might My Shipping Options Be?
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off): This shipping method uses a crane to lift on and lift off your cargo from the ship. This open air service is suggested to those with inoperable vehicles or packaged heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/Roll Off): This is the cheapest open air shipping service available. Your heavy equipment or large vehicle must have the ability to drive onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.
- Container Shipping: Your heavy equipment must fit inside of a 40ft shipping container in order to use this method of transport. Since this form of transport protects your cargo from outside elements, it usually costs a little more than the other available options.
- Flat Rack Shipping: Flat rack shipping uses an open metal frame to secure your equipment. After your cargo is secured to this large durable frame, it is placed on top of the boat where it stays until it reaches port. The frame with the cargo still secured is lifted off of the boat once it reaches port.