Carrefour is a city that is located within the Port-au-Prince area and has long been a stable home environment for families and individuals that work in the larger cities. For many years, Carrefour was a well-known tourist destination. The city of nearly 500,000 residents is filled with beautiful architecture as well as new construction that is on the rise daily. Typically the weather in Carrefour remains at a balmy 70° daily throughout the year. Due to the warm annual climate and the lack of heavy rainfall, driving is relatively easy to do in the city even with the large numbers of people residing within. When you need to have your car shipped to Carrefour you will need to hire a professional automobile transporter. The company will usually transport the car via land to the shipping port for you as well as handle the overseas automobile shipping as well.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Automobile Transport.
Hiring a professional automobile transport company is the only way to have your car transported to Carrefour from the United States. A professional transporter will arrange to have your car picked up from your location in the United States, taken to the shipping port and shipped overseas. The agent you speak to will help you with information you will need for U.S. Customs as well as Haiti customs including paperwork needed as well as shipping and import taxes that must be paid when shipping a car overseas. Once the agent gathers information from you about the type of car you have and the preference for the type of transport you want to use, they will explain the details of the shipping contract. Usually shipping insurance is included in the total cost of international shipping. If you own a very expensive car, you will want to check the value of the insurance and will want to make sure it is accurate for the value of your car. If the amount is lower than what you need, you may want to check with your regular insurance provider and have extra coverage added for shipment.
Customs Rules in Carrefour.
Before you have the car shipped to Carrefour you will need to make sure you have the correct paperwork available for officials. Missing or improperly filled out paperwork can result in a delay of clearance. Haitian officials can hold your car if the clearance is delayed due to paperwork and storage fees for cars in Haiti can be excessively high. Some of the paperwork that you will need will be:
- Visa is relocating permanently, or moving for work or school.
- Driver’s License.
- Motor Vehicle Title.
- Motor Vehicle Registration.
- Original Bill of Sale (Used Cars).
- Commercial Invoice (New Cars).
- Bill of Lading.
You will also have to pay import taxes as well as standard taxes on the value of the car at rates from 5% to 20% of the car value. New motor vehicles are subject to 20% tax rates. Government officials and government ran companies must pay import taxes, but non-governmental companies are eligible for a tax exemption. For more information on import regulations you can check with VisaHQ for information. For information on documents that will be necessary at the time of shipping or import into Carrefour, you may want to speak to the Embassy of Haiti in Washington, DC.
Modes of Overseas Transport.
Carrefour is located near coastal waters and with excellent seaport access. The agent working on your shipping schedule will go over the modes of transport with you but there are two ways to ship a car by sea. Those ways are:
- Roll On Roll Off- Often simplified and called RORO shipping, this is the most popular way to ship a car overseas. RORO ships can carry several hundred vehicles at one time easily and very efficiently. Due to the large number of vehicles that can be transported at one time, the cost of shipping with RORO is the lowest cost of transport available for automobile shipping. Cars must be empty when shipping on a RORO vessel, so all personal items and paperwork need to be removed prior to shipment. You will also need to disarm any alarms that may be installed so they won’t be set off while being transported. Your fluid levels should be checked and fluids should be filled properly, the battery should be fully charged and the gasoline should be only at 1/4 tank or less during shipment.
- Enclosed– Enclosed shipping is a very protective form of automobile transport. Automobiles are loaded inside of secure shipping containers and then lifted onto a cargo ship for transport. Shipping with enclosed transport is more expensive than RORO because the container must be paid for, and there are also fewer container ships available than RORO ships. Containers offer the added benefit of being able to ship your household goods and personal items at the same time you ship your car.
Your automobile shipping agent will discuss the modes of transport with you and when you have decided on the type you will use, the agent will schedule your car for shipment. For more information on overseas automobile shipping you may also want to check the Federal Maritime Convention as they can provide excellent information on ocean transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?