One of the important cities in Argentina, San Miguel de Tucumán is the administrative capital of the Tucuman Province and is about 1,311 kilometers away from the Buenos Aires. It’s also the fifth largest city in the country.
With many employment and education opportunities, the city has a cosmopolitan population. If you are moving here for professional or to study, life would be easier if you have your own vehicle imported from USA when you move. A1 Auto Transport can help you ship your vehicle with ease as we are one of the pioneers in international auto shipping industry.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As with any international relocation of the vehicle, there are plenty of documents to submit and procedures to comply with. In Argentine, as per the current regulations, you can import vehicles in two different ways:
- With a temporary entry permit.
The temporary entry permit is going to be completed upon entering the country. The information below is going to provide you with a lot of assistance for both processes. The first step for you would be to contact the Argentinian Consulate in order to start the entire procedure of bringing a car to the country. As per the legal regulations set forth by the Government, the following people are entitled to importing a vehicle:
- Foreigners with a temporary visa.
- Diplomats and military personnel.
- Foreigners who have permanent residency and returning citizens.
Foreigners with Permanent Residency.
Citizens returning to Argentina as well as foreigners with a permanent visa are entitled to importing one vehicle or motorcycle and no more than two vehicles for their entire family. The owner of the car has to be at least 21 years of age and the car has to be registered in his name and used for at least three months before that. The permanent residency visa has to be obtained prior to the arrival of the vehicle in the Country. Only certain makes and models of new vehicles are allowed to be imported in the country.
Cars worth less or equal to $15,000 or the equivalent in other currencies do not have to pay duties, contributions and taxes. However, if the vehicle is more expensive than that the costs related to its import are going to be about 80% to 100% of the vehicle’s value.
The vehicle may arrive no more than 3 months before the arrival of the owner and no later than six months after that. The car is going to be released upon the arrival of the owner. Until this happens, the car will remain with the Argentina Customs Authority. You are not allowed to sell the vehicle for at least 24 months after the import.
Interestingly enough, you can import a vehicle for as long as your temporary visa is granted. What is more, you can renew the permit for as many times as you want as soon as your visa is also renewed. This is pretty convenient.
The documents which are required for the import are as follows:
- Pre-shipment inspection certificate.
- Proof of identity – appropriate visa or a passport.
- Foreigners with permanent residence have to show certification.
- Original Driving license, purchase invoice and registration documents.
- Three original Ocean Bill of Ladings issued in the name of the shipper.
- Certificate of residence. If you are a returning citizen you have to prove that you haven’t lived in the country for at least 12 months.
All of the documents which are issued abroad have to be thoroughly authenticated by the Argentinian Consulate. You can contact the Embassy of Argentina in Washington, DC, for any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?