Safe And Reliable New Jersey Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The state of New Jersey is definitely one to be ventured through on a bike. With the boardwalk and beautiful routes along the Hudson River, there is much to be desired for any motorcyclist. The state is known as “The Garden State” for reason.
Look into the New Jersey motorcycle laws prior to setting out on the bike. Also, make sure you find a shipping company you can trust to transport your motorcycle. Check out the company's ratings and reviews. Contact them to ask about their shipment methods and services. Many of the companies will offer insurance on the shipment.
The Requirements for New Jersey Motorcycle Shipment
The requirements for motorcycle shipment in New Jersey are relatively standard no matter what company you choose to go with. However, if crated shipping is offered, then the requirements are different. The motorcycle must be drained of all fluids and the battery must be disconnected before shipment can happen. This is only for crated shipping. Many people choose this method due to the fact that it is the safest option.
Standard Requirements for Shipment:
- Check all fluids and tire pressure.
- Disable the alarm system if the motorcycle has one.
- Check for any damage prior to shipment. Take pictures and notes for your own sake.
- Make sure there is a ¼ tank of gas.
- Clean the bike completely.
- Take any loose or unnecessary items off of the motorcycle before shipment.
Shipping Methods Usually Offered
- Enclosed Transport - Safe and secure way of shipping. The motorcycle is placed inside of an enclosed container and shipped.
- Open Air Transport - The motorcycle is placed on a trailer. This allows for road conditions and weather to possibly cause damage to the bike if the conditions are poor.
- Door to Door - The motorcycle is picked up from a specific location and dropped off at a specific location.
- Terminal to Terminal - This is a cheaper option, but it requires the bike to be picked up from and dropped off at a terminal which may or may not be in close proximity.
Shipping Companies Out of New Jersey
Ship Any Car, LLC Auto Transport
1605 John St.
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
ABC Auto Transport
Lakewood Township, NJ
Jersey City Auto Transport
665 Newark Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Cherry Hill
- East Orange
- Jersey City
- New Brunswick
- North Bergen
- Old Bridge
- Perth Amboy
- Toms River
- Union City
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.