How Much Does It Cost You to Ship a Motorcycle Across the Country?
The cost of shipping a motorcycle across the nation isn’t one that should frighten people off. In fact, motorcycle transport is very inexpensive. It is actually known for its cost efficiency and people all over the world take advantage of these low cost services every day.
To determine how much you’ll have to pay for a cross country motorcycle transport, simply contact several of the most reputable motorcycle transporters in the area. Ask them questions about their services and inquire about any deals or promotions they might have running. Customer service will expect you to know certain details about the bike before they can give you an accurate quote. Motorcycle transport can cost anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. One of the biggest factors to affect the price is the way you decide to have the bike delivered to its new home.
Some of the Available Ways to Ship a Motorcycle.
- RO/RO Shipping - This method is used more than any other type of shipping. Individuals, manufacturers, and dealers all use this method of transport. If you do not mind your bike being exposed to weather conditions, consider this form of transport.
- Enclosed Shipping - This method of transport is known for being the most secure way to ship a bike. Your bike will be completely protected from the elements and transport hazards. Enclosed transport is also known for being the most expensive way to ship a bike
- Crated Shipping - The bike is kept safe and tightly fastened inside of a crate. This shipping service may require a bit more preparation, but it is the absolute safest way to ship a bike.
- Door to Door - this offers the most convenience to shippers. On the day of transport, a truck will arrive at your home and do a brief inspection of the motorcycle. After the inspection, it will be loaded onto the truck and delivered directly to its destination. If you live on a narrow street, let the shipping company know where the most convenient location is to pick up the bike.
- Terminal to Terminal - This delivery option is not as convenient as others, but it will save you some cash. You will need to arrange for a ride home for yourself from the terminal where you will drop off the bike. You will also need to pick the bike up from the depot once it has been delivered.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org