What’s the Difference between International and Domestic Motorcycle Shipping?
There is a huge difference between domestic and international motorcycle shipping services. Shipping a motorcycle domestically means that you are shipping it to another location within the same nation. While shipping it internationally means that you are delivering it to another country, often overseas.
The process of shipping a motorcycle domestically is simple for professionals at A1. Regardless of the method of transport chosen, domestic motorcycle shipping is usually done through ground transport.
For this, the bike is usually picked up from its home and transported to its destination. It may be secured to a trailer, inside a container, or by other ground shipping methods.
When your motorcycle is shipped internationally, there is a little more involved in its delivery process. The shipping company and customer must obey foreign import laws and all taxes must be paid before the transport can take place. The bike is delivered to the other nation by ground and overseas transport if necessary. If the motorcycle is shipped overseas to the country of its destination, it is secured to the top of a flatbed freight ship or inside of a container.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?