Ship Your Car To Or From Iran
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most types of vehicles, it costs from $2,900 to $5,700 to ship a car to Iran from the U.S.
- It’s important to note that there are additional costs once the vehicle arrives, mainly import taxes and registration fees, which can be expensive.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Iran
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Bandar Abbas||$350||$2,200||5+48|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Bushehr||$400||$3,300||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Bandar Abbas||$450||$2,200||5+48|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Bandar Abbas||$475||$2,200||6+48|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Bandar Abbas||$550||$2,200||6+48|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Bandar Abbas||$575||$3,300||6+33|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Bandar Abbas||$675||$3,300||6+33|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bushehr||$775||$2,200||7+47|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Bushehr||$925||$3,300||7+35|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Bushehr||$1,075||$3,300||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a vehicle to Iran from the United States is quite possible. As long as the vehicle's owner follows all of the restrictions and has all of the proper documentation, vehicle shipment can happen.
When staying in Iran for a long while for employment, study or even for residency, a personal vehicle will make traveling the country much easier. It will give a person the freedom of travel without having to deal with the currency difference or language barriers. Sometimes, learning the country on your own time will help a person to become better acquainted with their new surroundings.
Popular Shipping Destinations in Iran
The Types of Vehicle Shipping to Select From
There are ultimately three ways to import a vehicle to Iran, but only two of them are practical methods for most. All three ways of shipping can be done with the proper documentation. The shipping methods a person will have to choose from include:
- RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method. This means that the vehicle must be driven onto the ship and after it reaches its destination, it will need to be driven off. The automobile must remain empty with the exception of a car jack, floor mats, and a spare tire.
- Container shipping is a little more expensive than RO/RO shipping, but it allows the vehicle's owner to ship other belongings as well. The vehicle itself, and the container can be filled with property. A container can also be shared with another person so that the costs can also be split between those sharing.
- Air shipping is the priciest method of them all. It is a practical way of shipping a vehicle to Iran, yet it is so expensive that many are unable to afford it.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Iran
Vehicle shipment to Iran will require very specific documentation. Little information is given in regards to the requirements that must be followed, but contacting the Embassy of Iran will prove to be helpful. However, one can always assume that the following documentation is necessary:
- Title and Vehicle Registration.
- Proof of Residency in Iran.
- License/Picture ID and Passport.
- Proof of Ownership.
- Receipt of Duties Paid.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Permit from Ministry of Congress.
- Bill of lading.
Along with the right documentation, the owner of the vehicle must be present at the time the vehicle arrives in Iran. The port will not hold a vehicle and therefore, it is vital that the owner is present on the vehicle's day of arrival.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Iran
Professional shipping services are the absolute greatest way to have heavy equipment or oversized cargo delivered to another country. At A1 Auto Transport, we have been helping our customers transport heavy equipment to other countries for decades. We know we can deliver your cargo to anywhere in the world quickly, affordably, and most importantly- safely.
We don’t have any restrictions concerning the types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we are able to transport. With our variety of international services and access to the greatest quality shipping technology and equipment, we are certain we can carry out your transport to Iran. In the past, we’ve shipped the following types of heavy and oversized cargo:
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Motor Graders
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Cranes and more…
The Safest Ways to Ship Your Heavy Equipment
You have several transport options through A1. Although we offer four overseas shipping methods, you may not have all of these options accessible to you. Dependent on the type of equipment or cargo you have, you may have fewer choices regarding your shipping process. Our representatives will discuss your options with you after you answer a few of their questions.
Descriptions of Each International Transport Method
- Container transport provides the greatest protection against outdoor elements by enclosing your cargo within four walls and a ceiling.
- Flat rack shipping involves securing your cargo to a flat rack or large metal frame. Once it is fastened, the rack is placed on top of the ship with your cargo strapped to it.
- Roll on/roll off shipping is the cheapest form of transport. It is an open air service available to those with large vehicles or heavy equipment that can drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Lift on/lift off shipping is open air transport method best for those shipping large broken down vehicles and crated heavy equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.