The capital of Iran is the city of Tehran which is the biggest city as well as the most urbanized area in the country. It’s also the third largest town in the entire Middle East. If you are moving here due to any reason, it is best to have a personal vehicle. The fact is that it is rather possible to export a vehicle to Iran from the USA. Of course, you would have to abide by all of the restrictions and you would have to prepare the required documentation.
A personal car in the country, while you are staying there for a longer period of time, is going to be a great advantage. It’s going to provide you with the travelling freedom and you won’t have to experience the language barrier. This is also a way to get acquainted to the new environment, by exploring Tehran and other cities, on your own. However, it is essential that you work with an experienced international shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of shipping to choose from.
Even though there are three possible ways to ship a car to Iran, two of them are practical. Nevertheless, you can choose any of the three provided you have the right documentation. The methods are as follows:
- Air shipping is the most expensive way to go. Even though it is rather practical, the costs make most of the people turn to the other two ways because they can’t really afford it.
- Container shipping is the second most expensive way but it’s a lot cheaper than air shipping. You would be allowed to transfer other personal belongings with the vehicle. This is rather practical. You can also share the container if you want to reduce the costs.
- RO/RO shipping is the short term for Roll-on/Roll-off. As the name suggests, you would have to drive the vehicle on the carrier where it would be fastened to the deck. The car will be exposed to the elements and you must make sure that there’s nothing in it besides the floor mats, the car jack and the spare tire.
What do you need to ship your car.
As per the Islamic Republic of Iran Customs Administration, you will need specific paperwork completed when you want to ship the vehicle safely and legally. There is not a lot of information officially disclosed so contacting the Iranian Embassy is definitely going to be helpful. However, presumably, you are going to need the following:
- Residency proof in Iran.
- Vehicle Registration as well as Title.
- License and a Passport.
- Ownership Proof.
- Proof for paid duties.
- Insurance proof.
It’s also important to note that the owner of the vehicle has to be there when the car arrives in the country. The port isn’t going to hold it and it’s crucial that you are there to get your car. You have the option of authorizing A1 Auto Transport service to collect it on your behalf in Tehran.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?