When deciding on a company with whom to ship your motorcycle, it is often easiest to begin the process online. Many companies offer free quote calculators, but your best bet is to have a company quote you based on your specific make/model in order to receive the most accurate pricing. Any company can provide you with an arbitrary number, but a reputable company will take the time to find out which type of motorcycle you ride, where you are transporting from, and what is the final destination. Unfortunately, motorcycle shippers, like so many in the auto transport industry, tend to have a less than stellar reputation, and most of the time, it is well warranted. Heed this advice if you want to have an exceptional experience with a reputable motorcycle transport company.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When shipping a motorcycle, it is so important to plan ahead, because if you procrastinate, you area more likely to make rash decisions, often with undesirable consequences. Follow these do’s and don’ts when vetting a prospective motorcycle shipping company.
- Don’t select the first company you contact, no matter how enticing the quote may be. It is always best to speak to a number of options before narrowing down your choices.
- Do compare apples to apples, by ensuring each company takes into account your specific requirements, requests, and offers you a comparable package and insurance option.
- Don’t pay in advance. A true transport company will never bill you in full before your cargo is picked up. Many will require a deposit, but this is just to ensure your commitment.
- Do utilize online quote calculators to your advantage. If you have already calculated a price before speaking to a company, but their actual quote is more, ask if they are willing to meet it. Any company worth its salt will recognize the importance of standing by the original quote.
In order to negotiate the best transport deal with a potential motorcycle shipper, you want to allow some flexibility in your demands. If money is no object, of course, set your bottom line and stick to it. If you do want this endeavor to be budget-friendly and are finding that quotes seem too high, then prepare to make some concessions. For example, ask the company if it would be more cost-efficient to opt OUT of door-to-door transport and instead deliver your motorcycle to a designated pick-up spot? It is always very helpful to give a wide range for both pick-up and delivery dates because this allows more drivers to accommodate your motorcycle along with the other cargo on their route.
Prepare Your Motorcycle.
From beginning the process of shopping online to ending it by selecting your shipper and deciding on a date range for pick-up, you have essentially done all the difficult legwork. You will, however, want to prepare your bike for pick-up which can consist of draining fluids, inspecting exterior, and removing any after-market items that could be lost in transit. Your shipper will give you further details in regards to preparation of your bike. It’s now time to sit back, relax, and say bye to your ride.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory