Each and every day, motorcycles are shipped all over the world. It doesn’t matter who you are or why there’s a need for shipping services, everyone can take advantage of the reasonably priced services offered by the professional transport companies near Meridian.
As you start your search for a reliable shipping company to entrust with the motorcycle, you will notice that there are many options. Always hire a company that maintains a positive reputation and services geared towards motorcycle transport. The process of shipping a bike is much different than that of shipping an automobile. As you call around for quotes, don’t hesitate to ask questions about the services the company has to offer and what type of experience they have in motorcycle transport specifically.
Methods Used to Transport a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Shipping - This is considered to be the most popular method to transport a motorcycle since the bike is completely protected against driving conditions and the elements, It provides four corners of protection throughout the duration of the shipping process.
- Open Air Shipping - For customers transporting their motorcycle during the summer months, this method of transportation is perfectly safe and reliable. As long as the customer is fine with their bike being exposed to driving and weather conditions.
- Door to Door - The transportation service makes transporting a bike convenient for the customers who choose this method of transportation. The motorcycle is picked up at a specific location, and delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal - While this is the cheapest delivery option, it requires the motorcycle be taken to a nearby terminal as well as picked up at one near its destination.
- Crated Shipping - Depending on the motorcycle, the customer may be asked to remove the handlebars and mirrors, disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.